MrFedEx

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Company will offer $18/hr and union will settle for $21.50/hr and don't even get me started on how much those folks will be contributing to their health care.
Why don't you respond to my post? You refuse to admit you exaggerated greatly...so I wasted my time trying to explain UPS and the union to you. Point taken.

bbsam

Staff member
Why don't you respond to my post? You refuse to admit you exaggerated greatly...so I wasted my time trying to explain UPS and the union to you. Point taken.
Ok. I exaggerated greatly. Didn't mean to offend by not replying directly. But if you think that UPS won't play hard ball and the union won't go along with it, I think you are sorely mistaken. This country has a wealth of labor to be had at much less than $32/hr and every penny of it the company views as potential profit. I believe that you tried to make the point that John Deere could move their operations to another country to save a buck. True. And industry in this country can lobby congress for comprehensive immigration reform to bring even cheaper labor north of the border. In fact, in this global economy, borders mean very little.

bbsam

Staff member
Ok. Your turn to respond. On this thread you say that I have exaggerated greatly and the union would never go for it. Fine. But under the "concessions" thread, you seem willing to throw the part-timers under the bus with "$15/hr and eliminate benefits". In that case, are you not giving even more than my exaggerated scenario? There is nothing to keep the company from phasing out the full-time drivers and using the much cheaper part-timers, is there? There's your two tiered system wrapped up nicely for you, probably with a $1000 signing bonus for you.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Ok. Your turn to respond. On this thread you say that I have exaggerated greatly and the union would never go for it. Fine. But under the "concessions" thread, you seem willing to throw the part-timers under the bus with "$15/hr and eliminate benefits". In that case, are you not giving even more than my exaggerated scenario? There is nothing to keep the company from phasing out the full-time drivers and using the much cheaper part-timers, is there? There's your two tiered system wrapped up nicely for you, probably with a $1000 signing bonus for you.

Thanks for admitting you were exaggerating about $16/hr for driving.

As for everything else, it is all throwing darts. I personally would NOT want anyone to lose HC, however it should be the PT'ers before the FT.

What "if" UPS profits suddenly tanked...deeper recession...? Given the past several years of keeping the ship afloat it has worked out, it seems far fetched I suppose.

Let's see what happens with "Obamacare" (which is a very annoying term, btw :D ) , the elections and etc.. preceding Aug 2013.

btw My line of thinking was - all part-time employees would get a $6 or $7/hr pay increase, to reach the HOURLY wage they deserve - Along with the new-hires. i.e. current part-time rate is $19/hr, I'd jump to $25-26/hr.

bbsam

Staff member
Doesn't change the fact that the company would eliminate future full time driving jobs and replace them with $15/hr positions, lower than my exaggeration.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Doesn't change the fact that the company would eliminate future full time driving jobs and replace them with $15/hr positions, lower than my exaggeration.
Driving PT and working INSIDE pt are two completely different pay scales, that would not change. PT air drivers, for ex, make $22/hr top rate after two years progression. It takes roughly 13 years inside to make that.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
You gotta admit he started an awful lot of threads on here. Entertaining at the least. Since he's MIA, not much to talk about around here anymore.:brokenheart:

bbsam

Staff member
Might try the "current events" thread. But yes, it is strange not having MFE and 267 around here. I'm thinking 267 may have left Fedex and gone back to his previous occupation.

vantexan

You gotta admit he started an awful lot of threads on here. Entertaining at the least. Since he's MIA, not much to talk about around here anymore.:brokenheart:
Start some threads! MFE wasn't here to entertain us, he spoke about what he truly believed in. You know, manna from heaven and Obama's 10 tips for reading a teleprompter. He really didn't care about FedEx, it was about promoting a union. When the Teamsters stopped paying he had no reason to be here.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Nope. I just thought he was a nutjob. Did he volunteer this info or did he get called on it? I haven't posted here in a long while.

vantexan

Nope. I just thought he was a nutjob. Did he volunteer this info or did he get called on it? I haven't posted here in a long while.
I'm just kidding, was hoping to draw MFE out. He does visit, but apparently got tired of carrying water for everyone else.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm just kidding, was hoping to draw MFE out. He does visit, but apparently got tired of carrying water for everyone else.

I only check the site once a day for PM's, so if you'd like to talk, please PM me. For now, I'm off the Brown Cafe until they make some modifications to their moderation methods. I'm considering starting my own site, but that's a ways off. Needless to say, FedEx is quickly headed down the crapper, as many managers are abandoning ship and overall morale sinking even lower (and faster) than I ever thought possible.

PM me.