MT111 on working Christmas

DontThrowPackages

They did this about 5-6 years ago. Mgrs gave most full time and all swings off on Saturday, brought ALL the part timers in and it worked. Then on Sunday, all the drivers off on Saturday worked Sunday.

But if it is NON-DOT then it doesn't matter.
These new part timers are DRA part timers. I assume management will turn off..errr DRA will be down on Saturday. This will allow management to force more stops on routes and as a result, of DRA down, newbie PT'ers will be lost without their DRA maps.

Sniper

Not here....but the cost of living and QUALITY of life is worth 100k. It's not how much you make but what you do with it.

How many rotating shifts, Sundays have I worked years ago? .... A LOT.

In the last 22 years....not many.

See I said that and didn't even belittle anyone or call them a name.

I quit smoking after 30 years on Mothers day.....now I'm really in the green when the Marlboro reds went out.

Funny thing is I did it for my soon to be EX wife....lol ;)

dezguy

Can they even mandate pt'ers to work Sunday or Christmas?
Knowing FedEx, they'll break out the good old "operational needs" play.

Personally, I still don't see how they're going to try and make this work. If they tell me I'm working Christmas, I'll just call in sick. So what if I lose my holiday pay? Being with my family and celebrating the birth of our saviour is more important than money to me.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Knowing FedEx, they'll break out the good old "operational needs" play.

Personally, I still don't see how they're going to try and make this work. If they tell me I'm working Christmas, I'll just call in sick. So what if I lose my holiday pay? Being with my family and celebrating the birth of our saviour is more important than money to me.

I fully expect that Christmas will be mandatory this year. It will be so screwed-up that "operational needs" will dictate it. It's already screwed-up beyond recognition in most stations.