MT111 on working Christmas

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Psp= profit service profit

PSP was never anything but meaningless hyperbole. Nobody believes anything management says these days, the polar opposite of the Kool-Aid period where their "promises" were golden lies. They'll never be able to get any of the employee trust and good will back after everything they've done.

Thus, the doors to the union shall open wide.

!Retired!

If Sunday is straight time then Friday and Saturday will be overtime so wither way it doesn't matter.
If you work from Sunday to Saturday, Friday would be OT (6th day) and Saturday would be DT (7th day). My station won't let us work 7 days straight, no matter how busy we are.

dezguy

If Matthew Thornton III wants to work Christmas day, he can drive my truck.

I won't be in it.

I had a check ride about a month ago and my manager was joking about working on Christmas, I just looked at him and said I'm not going to be here. He looks at me and goes, "well we might need to schedule some people for an hour or two." I don't care if you need to schedule the whole station for an hour or two, I will not be showing up. I will lose my holiday pay for that day and not even care.

Rhoderunner

Check into your state laws folks. I dug up this gem from a state website. The station was starting a Mothers Day Sunday force list. Handed this tidbit to my manager and said I'll see you Monday.

Work performed on Sundays and holidays must be paid at the rate of time and one-half unless qualified as an exception
under General Law 25-3. Employees cannot be discharged or penalized for refusing to work on any Sunday or holiday, unless they are employed by a manufacturer which operates for seven (7) continuous days per week

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Check into your state laws folks. I dug up this gem from a state website. The station was starting a Mothers Day Sunday force list. Handed this tidbit to my manager and said I'll see you Monday.

Work performed on Sundays and holidays must be paid at the rate of time and one-half unless qualified as an exception
under General Law 25-3. Employees cannot be discharged or penalized for refusing to work on any Sunday or holiday, unless they are employed by a manufacturer which operates for seven (7) continuous days per week

Thanks for the hint. Checked my state and if I read it right, there is a statute on the books called "Day of Rest Statute". In other wards, we can not be worked 7 days in a row. Wahoo!

It also says that anyone forced to work this day must be paid three times their hourly rate.

Last edited: