Multi-generational Workers

rushfan

I don't know of any around here, however, there have been love connections made at our facility. Many of whom I will not mention here.

Here's a question for everyone. How many people would recommend working at UPS to a family member? My answer would be 10-20 years ago, yes. Today, no.

ikoi62

the last building i worked in there were a mother & son both were ft drivers,also a father & son both were ft drivers.
i also know of a father he works on the twilight, his daughter is a supervisor not his direct super but on the same shift(twilight) as he is.

Cementups

Box Monkey
As a rule, if you have a family member currently working at UPS, you can not work an adjoining shift at the same facility. You can work at another facility with no restrictions and, in fact, may have an edge in getting hired.

Yes that was the old rule, but now it seems that with the shortage of willing applicants those rules got thrown to the wayside.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Back when any job at UPS was coveted people would line up around the block. Now you scrape the bottom of the barrel and even the sludge says no thanks. Out of necessity we had to start allowing family members to be hired. I told my kids I could get them in but they would rather flip burgers for almost the same wage and better hours.

tritese

tritese
Here's a question for everyone. How many people would recommend working at UPS to a family member? My answer would be 10-20 years ago, yes. Today, no.

i agree with you. i would have rocommended ups over 10 years ago but not now. different company. i wouldn't do that to my worse enemy!

dillweed

We've had a preloader and driver get married, still in same building. In fact, I believe she sometimes loads his truck.

Feeder driver's daughter was hired and scooped quickly into pt management.

Another driver's son came and made it about two weeks before quitting.

The naughty love-affair management folks just get moved to a different building.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
i agree with you. i would have rocommended ups over 10 years ago but not now. different company. i wouldn't do that to my worse enemy!
Ok, granted that UPS is not your cradle to grave parental company it used to be. UPS has been very upfront about that and encourages UPSers to take control and assume responsibility for their retirement and lives in general.

UPS is still a good solid company to work at with good benefits and good pay (especially for union workers).
I would recommend UPS to any hard working people I know, including relatives.
-
I would be more concerned about recommending my relatives to UPS! Everytime I go to a family gathering, I come away feeling better about myself. LOL

LiL"Comet"

Ok, granted that UPS is not your cradle to grave parental company it used to be. UPS has been very upfront about that and encourages UPSers to take control and assume responsibility for their retirement and lives in general.

UPS is still a good solid company to work at with good benefits and good pay (especially for union workers).
I would recommend UPS to any hard working people I know, including relatives.
-
I would be more concerned about recommending my relatives to UPS!
Everytime I go to a family gathering, I come away feeling better about myself. LOL

:rofl:LOLOLOLOL that's to good Hoax, Last night went out to a local hang out I guess heck I've never been before. I set back and watched people and laughed my tale off at all of these idiots.

When I was hired at UPS in 1999 I was almost not given the job because I was honest when I was asked if I had family member working there. I told the HR gentlemen my step-mother has a son whom I believed was a driver heck I wasn't even sure I never spoke to him didn't know much about him. When he said he wasn't sure he would have to look into if that would disqualify me. Wow, I responded by saying I didn't even have to even tell you sir, he's not a relative.

IMO I haven't had good outcomes with family members working in the same shift or at all for that matter. Of coarse I don't believe all are bad but for the situations thus far ?????