Multiple consecutive grievances...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Once you bid a route and it's yours you should never EVER come off it for ANY reason.

I bid on the route that I am currently on because I didn't care to drive on unplowed roads in the middle of nowhere on my previous route; however, I really liked that route and would occasionally jump and cover it during the non-winter months.

Marne Vet

407, I didn't come off my last trip for almost 5 years straight until they "cut" it. "Cut" meaning the runner next to me absorbed most of my work, so they just got rid of it. Sweetest trip I ever had. Two things though. I've been looking at bid sheets actively for a year now. I need to get out of package cars because my body isn't gonna take much more. Just turned down Feeders last month due to my family obligations, and I can't take a job where I don't have a set schedule. The Q List won't work for me right now. The days I took off were necessary, physically, and that's pretty much that. The other side to this coin is that the "kid" that has been running my trip is a close personal friend of my best friend at work. We both thought he was getting his seniority. No one, including him, knew he wasn't these last three months he's been in and out. He got his 30 days on continuously, but that was in August. In a perfect world no driver would ever come off of his bidded trip. In reality it happens every week, to a lot of senior drivers in my center. They will not send a rookie out cold anymore. They would rather take a grievance, tell you to "do as you're instructed", and put the most knowledgable driver on a call out. That's the reality here. Paper does nothing. Management laughs at the Union, and our Contract. They do whatever they want, whenever they want. This is the World I am living in here my friend. Totally blows. Not making side deals, but doing whatever I can to survive in Package Cars until I can take a different bid. Love it or hate, this is my life.

Tomorrow they're hearing my first three grievances. I'm turning in a record fourth in a row soon as we all sit down. I'll be told that I'm covering my old trip until Peak is over. I know this because my center manager already said it to me. The paper will pile up, we'll sit down again, get told the same thing, and I'll be out there with 280+ trying now to blow out my knees. I just hope when they wipe their butts with all my grievances they get a papercut and it gets infected.

I bid on the route that I am currently on because I didn't care to drive on unplowed roads in the middle of nowhere on my previous route; however, I really liked that route and would occasionally jump and cover it during the non-winter months.
Thad a side deal and an extra contract agreement. In my opinion is one of the real problems with the typical teamster.

Ouch

Why did you ask 6 times? You just made the statement this company is not fed ex and they neex to abide by the contract. Do you think ups will abide by any contract if someone doesnt make them?

Ouch

I dont think you value anyones opinion. You make side deals, and your a helper coordinator. What else can you do for brown. Jm really not a bad guy or a disgruntled employee. Like I said clapping with one hand.

Ouch

You should listen to 407 he seems pretty intelligent. You may need to value his opinion one day when your trying to get your job back.

FilingBluesFL

Why is there not a way to get the message across besides filing blues? This company aint fedex and it needs to start abiding by the contract, otherwise get the friend out of management

Because until you start filing blues, them doing whatever they want is convenient for them, contract be damned.

It's the whole "just do it and ask for forgiveness and hope not to get caught" philosophy.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
407, I didn't come off my last trip for almost 5 years straight until they "cut" it. "Cut" meaning the runner next to me absorbed most of my work, so they just got rid of it. Sweetest trip I ever had. Two things though. I've been looking at bid sheets actively for a year now. I need to get out of package cars because my body isn't gonna take much more. Just turned down Feeders last month due to my family obligations, and I can't take a job where I don't have a set schedule. The Q List won't work for me right now. The days I took off were necessary, physically, and that's pretty much that. The other side to this coin is that the "kid" that has been running my trip is a close personal friend of my best friend at work. We both thought he was getting his seniority. No one, including him, knew he wasn't these last three months he's been in and out. He got his 30 days on continuously, but that was in August. In a perfect world no driver would ever come off of his bidded trip. In reality it happens every week, to a lot of senior drivers in my center. They will not send a rookie out cold anymore. They would rather take a grievance, tell you to "do as you're instructed", and put the most knowledgable driver on a call out. That's the reality here. Paper does nothing. Management laughs at the Union, and our Contract. They do whatever they want, whenever they want. This is the World I am living in here my friend. Totally blows. Not making side deals, but doing whatever I can to survive in Package Cars until I can take a different bid. Love it or hate, this is my life.

Tomorrow they're hearing my first three grievances. I'm turning in a record fourth in a row soon as we all sit down. I'll be told that I'm covering my old trip until Peak is over. I know this because my center manager already said it to me. The paper will pile up, we'll sit down again, get told the same thing, and I'll be out there with 280+ trying now to blow out my knees. I just hope when they wipe their butts with all my grievances they get a papercut and it gets infected.
Work Safely, do everything EXACTLY by the methods9 3 points pf contact,folding mirrors every stop,driving the speed limit,walking driveways .........you get the picture) and be sure to be AT LEAST 3 hours OA every day. THAT will get some results m'friend

BrownChoice

Why did you ask 6 times? You just made the statement this company is not fed ex and they neex to abide by the contract. Do you think ups will abide by any contract if someone doesnt make them?

Because in the past, when i kept on em about certain things. They realized I was actually aware and informed. And things changed. But now, there are 2 stewards and a BA that are in bed with management. Its sad. But i do actually believe Im getting the message across. If after I speak to the center manager, simce ive spoke to every other supe, i wont hesitate to call the 1-800 #. I dont think corporate favors the time card editing that goes on at all.

C

chuchu

Work Safely, do everything EXACTLY by the methods9 3 points pf contact,folding mirrors every stop,driving the speed limit,walking driveways .........you get the picture) and be sure to be AT LEAST 3 hours OA every day. THAT will get some results m'friend
We don't fold mirrors in anymore.
End of range motion. We DO use our carts alot tho.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I dont think you value anyones opinion. You make side deals, and your a helper coordinator. What else can you do for brown. Jm really not a bad guy or a disgruntled employee. Like I said clapping with one hand.

Side deals? I take the time while on road to train my helper so that he can be a teammate rather than a go-fer and you call that a side deal? My route is a mixture of commercial and residential and my helper is trained to the point where he can do everything except for multiple left-ats. I have several medical offices on my route and I send him in to one building while I do the other. He knows how to put room numbers in, sheet and complete the stops all on his own. If I finish my side before he does I will find him and help him with what he has left. He hustles but also works very safely.