Multiple Contract Question

bacha29

Look if you want to get into a war of insults and put downs and your responses are always nothing more than that , I can go toe to toe with you . You guys are so enamored with that company that you refuse to confront it's indelible history of unscupulous practices and neverending attempts to skirt the law. As for having or not having better options How come you're still there after 20+ years. If you find the fact that I spent over 20 years at it shameful then so is your 20 plus years shameful.

Ex-Ex

Wow just wow some you guys aren't drinking kool aid you have IV drips. Ask yourself this if you wanted to open a fast food franchise or better yet name me one other contracting business that when an attorney looks over the contract he says "run". If what Ex is doing is legal why will X not let an attorney or any type of representation be in the room with you when you sign your ISP. I sincerely hope all of you "business owners" are compensating your drivers fairly especially the ones that stay out EVERY night till six picking up FEDEX OFFICE and FEDEX. I'm guessing you pay them overtime? In case you guys don't know these class action suits deal with that very issue, but alas you feel if you pay a guy salary he is covered. Yeah that'll work until he decides to sue you for overtime. I'm sure that all of you "successful business owners" will turn down the settlements that will be distributed eventually because you feel that EX is in the right. For Gods sake listen to what Bacha is telling you this guy is unequivocally 100% dead on in his posts. This ISP model WILL be challenged as soon as everything else is settled. Why? Because it is still the most expensive one sided :censored2: ticket you have ever signed.

bbsam

Staff member
Look if you want to get into a war of insults and put downs and your responses are always nothing more than that , I can go toe to toe with you . You guys are so enamored with that company that you refuse to confront it's indelible history of unscupulous practices and neverending attempts to skirt the law. As for having or not having better options How come you're still there after 20+ years. If you find the fact that I spent over 20 years at it shameful then so is your 20 plus years shameful.
I'm still there after 20 years because for all the crap I have to put up with, I still like it better than a 9 to 5 job. I like showing up when I want to and not showing up when I don't. I like volunteering at the soccer club more than I like driving a truck.

Of course, as a single route owner opposed to ever expanding, these are things you wouldn't be familiar with.

bbsam

Staff member
Wow just wow some you guys aren't drinking kool aid you have IV drips. Ask yourself this if you wanted to open a fast food franchise or better yet name me one other contracting business that when an attorney looks over the contract he says "run". If what Ex is doing is legal why will X not let an attorney or any type of representation be in the room with you when you sign your ISP. I sincerely hope all of you "business owners" are compensating your drivers fairly especially the ones that stay out EVERY night till six picking up FEDEX OFFICE and FEDEX. I'm guessing you pay them overtime? In case you guys don't know these class action suits deal with that very issue, but alas you feel if you pay a guy salary he is covered. Yeah that'll work until he decides to sue you for overtime. I'm sure that all of you "successful business owners" will turn down the settlements that will be distributed eventually because you feel that EX is in the right. For Gods sake listen to what Bacha is telling you this guy is unequivocally 100% dead on in his posts. This ISP model WILL be challenged as soon as everything else is settled. Why? Because it is still the most expensive one sided :censored2: ticket you have ever signed.
That's easy. If they pick up at 6, just start them at 10 am.

It will be fine

I like my job. Staying here for decades isn't shameful, crying about how awful it was is. No one forced you to stay. I make well into 6 figures putting in a few hours a day on average, I make my own hours. That type of job isn't easy to find. We get it, you feel mistreated, welcome to working class America.

It will be fine

This ISP model WILL be challenged as soon as everything else is settled. Why? Because it is still the most expensive one sided :censored2: ticket you have ever signed.
Why would lawyers wait for cases to close in other states before bringing new ones? That's such a strange argument you guys have fabricated. Why would you expect any outcome other than an adjustment to the agreement in response to a loss? The idea that FedEx will just give up the contractor model and invite in the teamsters to Ground is such wishful thinking it borders on delusional.

bbsam

Staff member
Why would lawyers wait for cases to close in other states before bringing new ones? That's such a strange argument you guys have fabricated. Why would you expect any outcome other than an adjustment to the agreement in response to a loss? The idea that FedEx will just give up the contractor model and invite in the teamsters to Ground is such wishful thinking it borders on delusional.
Or insane.

bacha29

Thank you ex-ex. What is coming is the biggest ERISA based class action law suit ever. The plaintiff may not be a group contractors in it but rather the U.S. Dept of Labor The Internal Revenue Service or possibly the U.S. Justice Department. I hold no ill will toward the contractors who are also contributors to this site. But if there isn't enough money in it to pay in a manner that is certain to keep them unquestionably compliant in terms of overtime and benefits then what is the sense of being in the business. You see 5 years ago I had an opportunity to buy three routes. The guys who drove those 3 routes for the owner at the time were Black and Decker's, human work tools. They wanted to buy the routes so that whatever they got out of it they could keep. And I wanted that for them also because they EARNED it. So instead of being greedy I put up cash equal to the down payment and then some. All I asked of those guys was to put up the rest. They didn't have any money working for peanuts and no bank would lend them anything. Well today they are working for a greedy new owner but I have a clear conscience.