Multiple injurys worried about job security

Feahr

Ive been with UPS in illinois for about 8 months as a part time night sort worker. I went into training to be a seasonal driver through the summer months and the sunday before i was supposed to start my appendix blew up and i had to take 8 weeks off work. Ive been back for roughly 2 weeks now and I blew my knee out in a non work related injury that may require another surgery. Im worried that my job will not be secure in this situation as I will more than likely need to be taking another 3 months off due to this injury. I currently pay union dues and my hub is pretty relaxed and no one gets fired for anything but what do you guys think? Is there any actions i should take to ensure my job will still be there when i get back?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is little to nothing that you can do on your part to ensure that your job will be there when you recover from the knee injury, surgery and rehab/therapy.

Truth be told, you sound like a liability.

Feahr

See thats exactly what i was worried about was that im a liability but everyone there knows im a damn good worker and my sup calls me "the machine". Ive just had a terribly unlucky chain of events.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
See thats exactly what i was worried about was that im a liability but everyone there knows im a damn good worker and my sup calls me "the machine". Ive just had a terribly unlucky chain of events.

Don't listen to Dan. He just thinks he runs things.

Good luck.

Feahr

Lol you guys are funny i appreciate the input but yea i was told today from my boss that my job is not in jeopardy and as long as i dont have work restrictions after i recover i will be back. Thanks all!

dudebro

I think I said this in another thread.

You're a part time hourly on a night sort hub and you come to work every day (when you're not on disability)? God bless you. Don't punch anyone and don't steal anything and you'll always have a job.