Murdoch Fun and Games for TOS!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Rupert Murdoch is getting his butt ripped this morning in front of parliment. He looks like a bumbling old man and his son looks like an excuse maker. I appreciate that parliment is NOT giving them any slack unlike here in the united states.

They both look stupid and appear to be both lying.

Just yesterday, one of the people at International news of the world was found dead in his home, go figure, he was going to testify and they find him dead.

FOX NEWS CORP has been involved in phone hacking, email hacking and police bribery. I hope that the BRITS can find enough info to prosecute both Murdochs and put them out of business. The FBI is now looking into similiar acts here in the United States and I hope they find the same information.

Murdoch himself stated that his NEWS CORP business should be considered as OPINIONATED NEWS and that flies in the face of their claim of being FAIR AND BALANCED.

I hope this is the end of FOXED SPEWS and the business sold to a more respectible owner / operator. Parliment asked both Murdochs if they were affected by "WILLFUL BLINDNESS". They were both stunned.

Peace.

wkmac

Rupert Murdoch is getting his butt ripped this morning in front of parliment. He looks like a bumbling old man and his son looks like an excuse maker. I appreciate that parliment is NOT giving them any slack unlike here in the united states.

They both look stupid and appear to be both lying.

Just yesterday, one of the people at International news of the world was found dead in his home, go figure, he was going to testify and they find him dead.

FOX NEWS CORP has been involved in phone hacking, email hacking and police bribery. I hope that the BRITS can find enough info to prosecute both Murdochs and put them out of business. The FBI is now looking into similiar acts here in the United States and I hope they find the same information.

Murdoch himself stated that his NEWS CORP business should be considered as OPINIONATED NEWS and that flies in the face of their claim of being FAIR AND BALANCED.

I hope this is the end of FOXED SPEWS and the business sold to a more respectible owner / operator. Parliment asked both Murdochs if they were affected by "WILLFUL BLINDNESS". They were both stunned.

Peace.

TOS,

I know from your POV you may want to see this from a certain perspective and I can understand that. However I see this whole thing in a much broader context that instead of bringing down one side of the castle, I want to destroy the entire city if you will. This pass Sunday, Ryan McMaken at LRC blog made a good point in observing the latest Murdoch travails.

July 17, 2011 Re: The Fall of the House of Murdoch

Posted by Ryan W. McMaken on July 17, 2011 10:40 PM

Lew, I think Chalmers Johnson wrote about ten years ago that we would begin to see more of these palace coups as the US and its allies became ever more unstable and insolvent. An early example of this was Clinton's impeachment trial. It was just an exercise in one part of the establishment punishing another part, over something that nearly everyone in the regime had committed at one time or another.
Existing almost totally in an echo chamber, and with the public considered to be irrelevant by the regime, the tottering old empires begin to eat themselves from within.
This also nicely illustrates how much states resemble the mafia. As a member of the establishment — in this case Murdoch — you never know when one group of partisans might get the upper hand on another, or when someone needs to be thrown under the bus — at which point it's simply the latest version of the Night of the Long Knives for you and your loyalists.
Murdoch et al., DSK, Blago — the list goes on and on.

In more ways than one, I do think the music is playing but could stop at any moment and they all know there are not enough chairs to go around. I read elsewhere recently looking at global turmoil, are we entering the early stages of the American revolution or the French revolution? It could be neither or at least the statists hope it is but what scares the :censored2: out of them is the thought that it could be a French style revolution with many of them being the evening headliner, pun intended of course!
:happy-very:

wkmac

I always liked freemarket economist Murray Rothbard's March 1989' analysis of the Reagan years.

The irony is that democrats could take Rothbard's analysis and destroy the Reaganites with it. The problem for them however would be the destruction of the mythology they've created over the years concerning their "great leaders!"

We need some music so I dedicate this Fleetwood Mac classic to both republicons and demonrats!

[video=youtube;VyVVcQPJLgU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyVVcQPJLgU[/video]

raceanoncr

WOW! That would be GREAT!

I'd love to return to the day when we could have network NBC's parent company, General Electric, do business as usual in Iran, so they can build guns and bombs to kill Americans, without harassment from stooopid people like Fox!

The only one who is responsible for ARMING Iran is Ronald Reagan, take up your history with the right wing who continues to arm our enemies over the last 5 decades.

Peace.

Got it! Reagan must still be running GE then.

talk about your right wing brainwashing. sheesh.

Peace.

I guess that settles it! Case closed!

That certainly answers the question as to whether the good-ole-American-to-the-bone GE is doing business in Iran and Iran is sending arms with this money to Pakistan, and all the other American-hating countries so they can kill us.

Man, you so far on the left you can't see the real world! Is GE Republican? Must be. Hmmmmm...although NBC is about as far left as "lamestream" media can get! How is that?

Good bye! By the way, you ain't, yet, torn me apart like you said you would a few weeks ago in an earlier post. Ahhh...nevermind. It's all gonna boil down to Republicans are dirt and Democrats are The Messiah!

clueless

Rupert Murdoch is getting his butt ripped this morning in front of parliment. He looks like a bumbling old man and his son looks like an excuse maker...

Apparently the market doesn't share that view given that the stock of News Corp soared as they were testifying and closed up nearly 6%. That should tell an objective observer something.

The left must be sorely disappointed that both he and his son held their own quite well and that the only fireworks that came out of the hearing was the pink-clad Mrs. Murdoch lunging at the attacker of her husband and getting to him before the guards did.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Apparently the market doesn't share that view given that the stock of News Corp soared as they were testifying and closed up nearly 6%. That should tell an objective observer something.

The left must be sorely disappointed that both he and his son held their own quite well and that the only fireworks that came out of the hearing was the pink-clad Mrs. Murdoch lunging at the attacker of her husband and getting to him before the guards did.

DID WELL?

They were called liars. They were accused of being WILLFULLY BLINDED.

If you consider lying and refusing to answer questions holding their own, then you must also believe casey anthony is innocent.

The parliment humiliated both murdochs in front of the whole world, and the best part is only begining. As the rolling stones used to sing "TIME IS ON MY SIDE"

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

The stock soared?? You must be truly clueless.

In the last 4 days, News corp has lost 7 billion dollars in value! Its 52 week high was just below 19 dollars a share and was down as low as 13. Its up only because NEWS CORP invested 5 billion dollars in its own STOCK making the stock rise.

When the smoke clears, investors will abandon this stock and sink it into the 10 range costing Murdock close to a trillion dollars. As McDonalds says "IM LOVIN IT".

Its rise of 5.3% is a direct result of its own stock buyback. Murdoch sees the handwriting on the wall, his stock is about to hit the wall.

Get out while you can is the word on the street!

The stock close a little over 15 dollars a share. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...illion-of-its-shares-over-next-12-months.html

Peace.

clueless

The stock soared?? You must be truly clueless.

In the last 4 days, News corp has lost 7 billion dollars in value! Its 52 week high was just below 19 dollars a share and was down as low as 13. Its up only because NEWS CORP invested 5 billion dollars in its own STOCK making the stock rise.

When the smoke clears, investors will abandon this stock and sink it into the 10 range costing Murdock close to a trillion dollars. As McDonalds says "IM LOVIN IT".

Its rise of 5.3% is a direct result of its own stock buyback. Murdoch sees the handwriting on the wall, his stock is about to hit the wall.

Get out while you can is the word on the street!

The stock close a little over 15 dollars a share. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...illion-of-its-shares-over-next-12-months.html

Peace.

Uh...no kidding the stock tanked when the scandal first came to light. Duh. HOWEVER--it clearly soared--yes soared--6% is quite a move on a market cap of nearly $43 BILLION--while Murdoch was testifying.

As far as the stock rising because of the buyback--that's really hysterical given that--even according to your own link--the buyback was just announced--not implemented. Like any share repurchase, it's going to be implemented in tranches over time. This is what the article YOU are basing your ridiculous claim says:

The company plans to repurchase Class A and Class B shares from time to time over the next 12 months.

No, the stock rise during their testimony (not 'from time to time over the next 12 months') was the general market sentiment towards the performance of both Murdochs. If you think investors would've committed more capital to a company whose stock was in market freefall without good reason--as in the CEO holding his own quite well during what the haters were hoping would've been a bloodbath--then you are the clueless one.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Clueless,

Murdoch had already begun buying back stock long before he testified. They were shoring up the stock, at the time of the hearing, he had 1.5 billion left to spend and added an additional 5 billion in an announcement that sent investors back into the buying mode.

As far as him holding his own, I dont know what you saw (if anything) but he and his son looked like clueless fools. Two CEO's without a clue to any facts. AS I said, they were both accused of WILLFUL BLINDNESS and that aint a compliment.

NWSA knows its in for hard times if more arrests and charges come down the pike and buying back stock will stop the bleeding.

People are not flocking to NWSA because its a good buy right now. Losing 7 billion dollars in market cap is a TON of money and I for one hope it loses 10's of billions more.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
All this hype for what? A woman who did nothing? I wish that guy hit murdoch in the face with that pie, just like Bill Kristol and Ann Coulture gets when they visit college campuses.

Peace.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
All this hype for what? A woman who did nothing? I wish that guy hit murdoch in the face with that pie, just like Bill Kristol and Ann Coulture gets when they visit college campuses.

Peace.

Showing you true colors is see...maybe you shoud go out and beat up some tea party folks, or a few conservative woman...typical.

Buddybrown

All this hype for what? A woman who did nothing? I wish that guy hit murdoch in the face with that pie, just like Bill Kristol and Ann Coulture gets when they visit college campuses. Peace.
As far as women go we already know you're a sexist oink, oink..Better watch it looks like you're foaming at the mouth...

clueless

Clueless,

Murdoch had already begun buying back stock long before he testified. They were shoring up the stock, at the time of the hearing, he had 1.5 billion left to spend and added an additional 5 billion in an announcement that sent investors back into the buying mode.

As far as him holding his own, I dont know what you saw (if anything) but he and his son looked like clueless fools. Two CEO's without a clue to any facts. AS I said, they were both accused of WILLFUL BLINDNESS and that aint a compliment.

NWSA knows its in for hard times if more arrests and charges come down the pike and buying back stock will stop the bleeding.

People are not flocking to NWSA because its a good buy right now. Losing 7 billion dollars in market cap is a TON of money and I for one hope it loses 10's of billions more.

Peace.
Sweetie--I watched virtually every minute of the testimony of both Murdoch's on CNBC including the lunge by Mrs. Murdock live as it was happening. I caught the portions of whatever I missed on CSPAN2 later. Because I was watching CNBC I was able to see the stock price live during the testimony as well. Don't fool yourself. The market was applauding the testimony--or at the very least breathing a sigh-of-relief that the meltdown hoped for by the left wasn't going to occur. Your being a liberal I can imagine it must be hard to cope with the fact that FOX News in the U.S. isn't going to suffer one iota because of what happened overseas, but please---the market was reacting to the testimony--not to a buyback. Simple matter of fact.