Murtha Bringing New Life or Same Ole, Same Ole?

wkmac

149 to 86! And Murtha had the votes as he told Chris Matthews. Did Murtha go to a public school and learn math?

:lol:

wkmac

They ought to have the full 100 hours in by June or so.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

We laugh but that may be more of a true statement than you think. I read a piece not long ago which I believe I posted a link here where the Congress only had 83 legislative sessions during the year. 300 plus days and only 83 sessions. And they claim we UPSers are overpaid!
:tongue_sm

wkmac

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems the election of the democrats is really paying off afterall. Prior to, Bush, as it was claimed, was manipulating the price of oil in order to steer the election into republican hands. As soon as the election was over, gas prices went right back up.

Now in the last couple of days the democrats have seated their power and it appears Speaker Pelosi and Leader Reid are paying off bigtime.

This has to be some conspiracy right? There was no concievable reason for gas prices to drop prior to the election and with the holiday season approaching, more driving and the usual uptick in gas prices the only other explaination since Bush is so lame-duck and toothless housecat now that Tiger Pelosi and Tiger Reid rule the jungle, they must be manipulating gas prices. If official manipulation was the only reason before then it's the only reason even moreso now!

This is gonna be so much fun I'm thinking of voting for Hillary in 08' in order to add to the chaos.
:tongue_sm

The dems may come to realize the truth of the ole maxium, "Be careful what you wish for!" The repubs sure learned that the hard way but then again they weren't to smart to begin with IMO.

wkmac

Appears Pelosi not getting much of honeymoon from the larger print media out there.

From NY Times

Speaker Pelosi Tempts Disaster - New York Times

you know, I bet they are just confused after having chased the repubs the last 6 years so maybe they need a little help. Could someone email them the link below so they can get with the game plan and not be so "mean spirited" & "uttering extremist viewpoints" when discussing the democrat leadership. I'm sure the link will answer everything and make it better.

http://www.housedemocrats.gov

:tt2:

And someone may want to straighten out Brian Lamb on C-Span as I learned of both these op-ed's from him and he quoted from both at length this morning.

BTW: Common Ground has blow my cover as someone who hates America. But then, most of you already knew that didn't you!
:wink:

Last edited:
C

Common Ground

wkmac,

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, zzzzzzzzzzzz, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Did you say something?

wkmac

wkmac,

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, zzzzzzzzzzzz, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Did you say something?

:lol: :lol:

That's all you can post to back up your big claims? Ironic that I just hit that link of yours again and now there's nothing. Even typed in housedemocrats.gov and got nothing. After the many public statements over the last couple of weeks did they wise up and take the site down?

Now we have the latest from the incoming Ways and Means Chairman:
Rep. Rangel Will Seek to Reinstate Draft - washingtonpost.com

Funny how Rangel and Lindsey want a gimmick to rid them of the responsibilty of Constitutional Powers under Article 1 whereby the Congress can vote to not fund any military action they see unfit or unworthy. They want the title but not the job and it's responsibilities.

Common, if you think you can come here and make claims and not back it up then think again. The democrats have a wonderful chance to do many good things in the areas you pointed out in your first post but in over 30 years of being involved with the political process and observing the political process in this country, I've just found time and time again where the one's elected are in reality cowards seeking positions of power and in the end only make matters worse when they had the chance to do otherwise. The Repubs. totally wasted a grand opportunity starting with the stupid attempt at impeachment of Clinton and then drove over the cliff refusing to stand up to Bush and his NeoCon handlers and their wasteful spending.

I have historical trendlines to backup the claim that nothing will happen and in fact things will get worse. It's up to you, "the party believers" to put the pressure on your Gods to get the things done that they promised if you want to qwell my voice of dissent and agitation. And as long as you reframe from doing so I will continue to dissent and agitate because in the end it's the only chance we have of getting open and honest gov't and the others issues you claimed would be addressed. Harass em' and force them to prove me wrong because even in that I still will win! I don't care who brings open and honest gov't as long as we get it.

wkmac

Opps! The site is back up now. You make the phone call there Common Ground? Good move.

Why haven't you posted anything to back up your claims? Surely you can take a few minutes and search the net. I know searching the Federal Register for folks like yourself of the great unwashed is an impossible task.

As a gesture of kindness to you I thought I might post some interesting policy articles by 2 of the leading democratic policy think tanks. Don't worry, your secret of letting a "LIBERTARIAN" carry your water for you is safe with me.
:wink:

The first is the Democratic Leadership Council which had as some of it's founders none other than Bill Clinton and Al Gore and has many leading democrat party leaders among it's ranks. The most prominent at the moment IMO that could shape party policy in Congress other than Hillary Clinton would be Rep. Rahm Emmanuel D-Ill. He is now 4th in power in Congress as head of the Democratic Congressional Caucus and was the mastermind in much of the Democrat Party Congressional elections stategic thinking. Another DLC braintrust would be Will Marshall who still works with the DLC but has formed a powerful policy group known as Progressive Policy Institute. Both organizations promote moderate political agendas and promote working across party isles. Marshall, to concrete this cross party agenda also signed a Position Paper published by Bill Kristol's Neo-Con organization Project for the New American Century. Statement on Post-War Iraq
You may also notice the name of Ronald Asmus at the bottom and Asmus also very active in democrat Think Tanks and was a policy official in the Clinton administration. Well! Well! Well! Appears some the thinking leaders and policy experts within the Democratic leadership are in bed with the Neo-Cons. And you only thought it was Lieberman and the turn coat Zell Miller!

As for Hillary, here's her vision of America in 2020' written a year ago for the DLC. It actually IMO re-enforces what you've said in the beginning of all of this. DLC: America in 2020 by Hillary Rodham Clinton

As for the Progressive Policy Institute and Will Marshall, there are a number of good pieces that cover the subjects related to the needs of America as you laid out.

Healthcare & Social Security
https://web.archive.org/web/2010122...ne.org/documents/Marshall_Soc_Sec_Chapter.pdf

Energy
PPI: A Progressive Energy Platform by Jan Mazurek, Roger Ballentine, Randolph Court and Will Marshall

National Security
PPI: A Winning Strategy by Will Marshall Notice the pic at right in the article of DLC's magazine Blueprint and what name is on the cover? Rahm. Watch that name closely.

Now how hard was that? It's easy so try it sometime. Oh, now this admittedly is a little tough but some time and some Goggle work and you'd be surprised at what you'd find so go to places like the Neo-Con Project for the New American Century and even American Enterprise Institute and start cross referencing names with names in the DLC, PPI and other think tank groups and see how many times these cats work together. We are sold the concept that we've got divided gov't but inside those think tanks that set gov't policy they are al together and working off the same page.

As for the Democrat Congress, there are 2 factions fighting for control of the democrat party. The moderate, oh so very slightly to the left of the Neo-Con army and the old school 60's McGovern type democrats who espouse a truly communal social controlled agenda are at war against each other. DLC and it's menions are more entuned to a Corporatist system espoused by Neo-Cons and other fascist types in Washington. Pelosi seems more in tune to the old school McGovern era but is she smart enough to pick her battles? Murtha seems to say no but we and she have a long way to go before we decide that. I'd say the DLC with Hoya won round one and the DLC's next move will be to try and out Howard Dean. The question that hasn't been answered yet is will Pelosi be able to coral the donkeys to sing from the same sheet of music of will full blown agendas get in the way? Few remember that after the 94' elections that Gingrich backed Bob Walker for the number 2 post and Tom Delay ended up taking the prize and many would argue that the actually agenda ran on for the elections got lost in the fray. Again, I have history on my side but historical trends can change so you have some hope.

You better study up because it's gonna get rough out there!

c ya!
:thumbup1:

wkmac

RE: EDUCATION

I don't know exactly when it happened, but when they stopped teaching basic phonics in school, the schools turned out 5th,6th & 7th graders who can't read worth a damn.

I don't care which party attacks the problem. I'd just like to see kids reading a "Dick & Jane" book in the 2nd grade.

Did you see the 8 yr. old daughter of Steve Irwin reading aloud at her father's memorial? That's what I want for U.S. kids.

moreluck,
I'll assume you know that Milton Friedman passed away last week.

Happy Turkey Day!