Music ideas.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
haha you should see some of the radios in the feeder equipment. I think the brand new tractors come with am/fm built in. In the past, most drivers built a box with am/fm/cb/ in it. Ups has to furnish the wiring to power it. Some have speakers built in a box. My international had 4 speakers built in and I just ran wires to the connectors. I had XM my last 3 years or so. When I was a package driver, I just laid an am/fm down on my dash facing up and bungied it down. It was a battery eater. pssst the shop has AA and D batteries for their flashlights. Make friends with a mechanic haha

Cementups

Box Monkey
Article 18 Section 8 states the following

I have this memorized for years now. once in a while a sup/manager tries to make it a problem and I correct him otherwise. No more problem.

I have a Sirius SubX2 boombox tied down with bungee cords to the DIAD shelf. It takes 8 D batteries but I've never used a one. ;)

platinum9898

I'm thinking about getting the beats pill XL. Just need to figure out a way to lock that in tight so no one steals it while i make a delivery lol have to be on a hood route :/ also fast enough to set up in the morning.i want locks and chains...

Sent using BrownCafe App

platinum9898

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Rhapsody downloaded tracks and music on my SD card and Bluetooth headphones for listening to music and answering calls. All day long chillin and jamming, music soothes the soul and is therapeutic.

It makes all the difference. My phone dies too fast. I'm waiting on the new note 4 to come out. I can't upgrade though :/ i will lose my unlimited data lol. I can't believe i went to verizon to upgrade for the galaxy s5 and they told me i would get 2gb a month for the same price I'm paying now on unlimited....i use that in a day

Sent using BrownCafe App

nayrsiem

I just stream music thru my phone (galaxy S3). The speaker is loud enough to hear over most of the truck and traffic noise.

Sent telepathiclly of course..

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I have this memorized for years now. once in a while a sup/manager tries to make it a problem and I correct him otherwise. No more problem.

I have a Sirius SubX2 boombox tied down with bungee cords to the DIAD shelf. It takes 8 D batteries but I've never used a one. ;)

That is what I have. Would not have any other way

Sent using BrownCafe App

ArcherUTR

It would seem that in addition to all of the other problems that an external boombox would have, that it would also have to be blasted louder than the running-down-the-road truck noise itself. That's pretty loud.

Cementups

Box Monkey
It would seem that in addition to all of the other problems that an external boombox would have, that it would also have to be blasted louder than the running-down-the-road truck noise itself. That's pretty loud.

My customers tell me they hear my radio before they hear/see my truck. It's like the ice cream truck rolling through the neighborhoods. The adults come running out to the truck because they know I'm in the neighborhood.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Get an old ipod nano on ebay for cheap. The batteries will last like 3 full days of work without a recharge. Go to bed bath and beyond and get the mp3 speaker enclosures to put the ipod in. These are wicked loud and like 9.99. Make sure you get the AA one though, not the AAA because they die too fast. The AA kind is louder and with rechargeable AAs you can get about 6 hours out of 2...so buy a pack of 4 AA batteries and just throw them on the charger at night.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I got a cheap $10.00 radio from Big Lots. Takes 2 "D" cells and lasts about three weeks. Not loud enough to be heard over the truck but loud enough at stops.

STFXG

I've got an in - dash DVD player with siriusxm/I pod integrated. Aux, usb, and SD card. Haven't used the DVD player (got the screen for my backup camera) but I carry dumb and dumber and young guns in case I ever get stuck somewhere long enough. :)

I don't know how anyone can work in silence all day. I'd go nuts.

Sent using BrownCafe App

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
IPod + HMDX Jam speaker secured with industrial strength Velcro. Set iPod to shuffle and I don't have to touch it the rest of the day.

Sent using BrownCafe App
1403889951008.jpg