Music to my ears

Does the handbook or union contract say anything about wearing mp3 players while working on the preload?

It would be great to listen to some tunes at work, but our big boss is against the idea. We are not even allowed to wear just one headphone and leave the other out.

I'm guessing music is allowed at some centers and not others.
Getting a hold of some written proof saying it's allowed would be great.

Thanks for your help.

sillyputty

We can have iPods as long as it's just one earpiece in. The only thing they have ever made a big deal about is stereo cords- we have to use batteries, but that's a safety issue more than anything else. First it had to be three prong cords only, then they did away with allowing cords. They only enforce it at safety audits though.... Not sure if there's anything in writing. I doubt it.

LKLND3380

Does the handbook or union contract say anything about wearing mp3 players while working on the preload?

It would be great to listen to some tunes at work, but our big boss is against the idea. We are not even allowed to wear just one headphone and leave the other out.

I'm guessing music is allowed at some centers and not others.
Getting a hold of some written proof saying it's allowed would be great.

Thanks for your help.

In Central Florida NO EARPHONES allowed... You must be aware of your surroundings and having one ear does not allow this... It really depends on your building and supes...

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I mozy around the hub all night with two headphones in ears and no one says anything. It all depends on the building and environment. If you have a manager thats a jerk, and especially a small building where everyone is kept track of, you probably wont be able to wear them. At least Thats how it was in the small buildings I was in.