Muslim Place Of Worship In An Airport?

SeniorGeek

Below the Line
The origin of this thread - the fabricated story about a Muslim place of worship in an airport - was an attempt to inflame opinion and create a mindset that makes the proposed (not yet installed, money not spent, locations not decided, fixtures not selected) footbath-at-a-college sound worse.

AFAIK, the footbath is not a place of worship - not a shrine nor a symbol of Islam. Maybe the community college could overcome the complaints by requiring all students to use it! (The barefoot hippies wouldn't like that!)

It appears to me that this thread is not about a "place of worship", and it is no longer about an airport.

... The only thing the airport or college should have done was to have told the Cabbies to go to their church, Mosk...whatever.
Didn't you read what the college really told the cabbies? Go back and read it for comprehension.

Anyone that is washing their feet in a public restroom should be arrested. Not catered to!
The real problem is that every state has a different law about what a person is allowed to wash in a public restroom. Some states do not even have a law that spells out what can be washed! I once washed some socks in a sink at a state campground, but I am pretty sure that the statute of limitations has passed on that crime.

Who I'm mad at is my perogative so don't worry about it. I don't care to hide it. Liberalism makes me mad sometimes. The Liberal way of thinking is so warped.
This sounds like a puzzle waiting to be solved. I am mad. Liberalism makes me mad. Liberal thinking is warped. Conclusion: I am warped. Did I get it right? Is there a prize? I am not worried, I'm happy.:laugh:

Overpaid Union Thug

The origin of this thread - the fabricated story about a Muslim place of worship in an airport - was an attempt to inflame opinion and create a mindset that makes the proposed (not yet installed, money not spent, locations not decided, fixtures not selected) footbath-at-a-college sound worse.

AFAIK, the footbath is not a place of worship - not a shrine nor a symbol of Islam. Maybe the community college could overcome the complaints by requiring all students to use it! (The barefoot hippies wouldn't like that!)

It appears to me that this thread is not about a "place of worship", and it is no longer about an airport.

Didn't you read what the college really told the cabbies? Go back and read it for comprehension.

The real problem is that every state has a different law about what a person is allowed to wash in a public restroom. Some states do not even have a law that spells out what can be washed! I once washed some socks in a sink at a state campground, but I am pretty sure that the statute of limitations has passed on that crime.

This sounds like a puzzle waiting to be solved. I am mad. Liberalism makes me mad. Liberal thinking is warped. Conclusion: I am warped. Did I get it right? Is there a prize? I am not worried, I'm happy.:laugh:

You just don't get at. At this point in the game I doubt you can if you haven't already but I will try and simplify it for you. The mere fact that anyone would even consider installing those is a perfect example of the Hypocrisy behind the Liberal mindset. Is that simple enough for you to understand? Based on your constant defense of Muslims being catered too I'd say that you could care less about the constitution, or your country for that matter, getting slowly flushed down he crapper.

SeniorGeek

Below the Line
You just don't get at. At this point in the game I doubt you can if you haven't already but I will try and simplify it for you. The mere fact that anyone would even consider installing those is a perfect example of the Hypocrisy behind the Liberal mindset. Is that simple enough for you to understand? Based on your constant defense of Muslims being catered too I'd say that you could care less about the constitution, or your country for that matter, getting slowly flushed down he crapper.
I know you are, but what am I?

Last edited:

SeniorGeek

Below the Line
Well, at least now I can look forward to the Muslim footbath to be installed SO I can pee in it...
I don't know what it would look like. If it's porcelain and below countertop height, I'd probably pee in it, too. If it's coin operated, I'd probably put a coin in it to see what it does.

Unless someone else is in the bathroom, too.

With all this public outcry, the community college will probably drop the idea. They have probably already spent more tax dollars responding than they would have spent on plumbing fixtures.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Seems to me that if you put a foot basin in a public restroom that you're just begging people to pee in them. Lord knows I probably would. I wouldn't know what it was.

They used to have something called "chamber pots" before flush toilets. And they were used to hold more than pee.:w00t:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This is off thread a little, but last Sunday I did my first foot washing ritual. Normally I don't post much on my Faith, but I wanted to point out that Christians sometimes do this too. I just finished another nine month Bible Study, this was called "Jesus In The Gospels", and is an intense theological comparisons of the Gospels of Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John. We had a final class followed by dinner, served Holy Communion to each other, then we washed each other's feet. One of the last acts of Jesus was to wash the feet of his twelve Disciples. The purpose was to show humility and to serve others. This was often taught in his parables and was a big part of the way he lived. There wasn't a certain method of doing this like the Muslims do, it was just simply washing the other persons feet off in a large bowl, drying them off with a towel, and offer a little encouragement. Its a humbling experience.

satellitedriver

Maybe, I am just an old Frt.
The only time I said a prayer at an airport was during takeoff and landing.
We had no problem banning Hari-Krishna beggars at airports in the 70's.
Now, I want a font of holy water to cross myself installed at the check in point and another one right before I get on the plane.

Overpaid Union Thug

This is off thread a little, but last Sunday I did my first foot washing ritual. Normally I don't post much on my Faith, but I wanted to point out that Christians sometimes do this too. I just finished another nine month Bible Study, this was called "Jesus In The Gospels", and is an intense theological comparisons of the Gospels of Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John. We had a final class followed by dinner, served Holy Communion to each other, then we washed each other's feet. One of the last acts of Jesus was to wash the feet of his twelve Disciples. The purpose was to show humility and to serve others. This was often taught in his parables and was a big part of the way he lived. There wasn't a certain method of doing this like the Muslims do, it was just simply washing the other persons feet off in a large bowl, drying them off with a towel, and offer a little encouragement. Its a humbling experience.

Didn't J. Casey choose brown for UPSs colors because the color showed humility?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Didn't J. Casey choose brown for UPSs colors because the color showed humility?

I don't know if it was humility or not, or if it was Casey himself that picked Pullman Brown. I thought I heard that it was chosen because it was "regal" or classy looking. My P7 hasn't been washed in about two months now, so the color certainly doesn't hide the dirt!:bored: