Must Pick up Ground Packages

!Retired!

When I tell people that they think it's a crime. I don't know anybody that has it like ground drivers. Once I tell them they don't get paid hourly but by the package and get no benefits or OT they never have asked me again to take ground.
Not necessarily true. I know a Ground driver gets the same benefits we do. Though, I never discussed details with her.
The intent of that sticker was so drivers wouldn't take pkg from one box then process them at another. It was screwing up the tracking and the shipping history for the box. Nothing to do with ground freight.
Who cares about intent? Just simply WAD :)

hypo hanna

Not necessarily true. I know a Ground driver gets the same benefits we do. Though, I never discussed details with her.

Who cares about intent? Just simply WAD :)
This is one time I say not to Work as directed unless you are going to make a record of it for a future lawsuit.

barnyard

KTM rider
I would think you will all have to document supes telling you to pick up ground packages. Take photos of anything from the FEE side telling you to pick up FEG packages. It would be best to show it is being done all across the country to show wide disregard for the RLA classification.

This might be easier than you think.

bbsam

Staff member
I would think you will all have to document supes telling you to pick up ground packages. Take photos of anything from the FEE side telling you to pick up FEG packages. It would be best to show it is being done all across the country to show wide disregard for the RLA classification.

This might be easier than you think.

You would also have to show it is in violation of the RLA. In past threads it has always been the assertion that there is nothing prohibiting Ground from Delhi vering Express packages. The prohibition came in Ground picking up Express. The converse may not be true. It may be that Express can pick up Ground and not violate RLA law.

MAKAVELI

You would also have to show it is in violation of the RLA. In past threads it has always been the assertion that there is nothing prohibiting Ground from Delhi vering Express packages. The prohibition came in Ground picking up Express. The converse may not be true. It may be that Express can pick up Ground and not violate RLA law.
It may not be violating RLA law per say but they couldn't use the argument that Express only handles air freight, unlike UPS. This is one of the main reasons for keeping the opco separate.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Refusing to PU ground packages may be counter-productive. All of you should document every single ground package you pick up for a month or so. Once you have a bunch of documentation, to to the Labor Relations Board and ask that FE be reclassified based on air couriers being forced to do ground work. That should open the door to organizing individual stations.

This is something that might be worth contacting a labor organizer about. Seriously.

You might also send the same documentation to every member of the House and Senate transportation committees.

"I picked up 29 pieces of Ground freight this month. Twenty-nine pieces of the MILLIONS they handle out each month."

I bet that will revolutionize the shipping industry as we know it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"I picked up 29 pieces of Ground freight this month. Twenty-nine pieces of the MILLIONS they handle out each month."

The tip of the iceberg, Dano. We stop it now. Of course, we know that you're a strong supporter of doing Ground's work.

dezguy

29 pieces that your station didn't get paid for. Take that 29 and multiply it by all the stations in the US and that becomes a lot of packages that are being picked up by Express for free.

CJinx

Ah. So work as directed, but only if it screws the company in some way. If working as directed benefits the company... Well, you can't have that. You'll intentionally wreck havoc before that happens.

Glad to know for certain what caliber folks we have here.

MAKAVELI

Ah. So work as directed, but only if it screws the company in some way. If working as directed benefits the company... Well, you can't have that. You'll intentionally wreck havoc before that happens.

Shouldn't you be knocking on doors, spreading the gospel and handing out pamphlets?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

We have realists and we have Kool-Aid drinkers. Wreaking havoc by disrupting operations is one of the few avenues we have to encourage change. Years ago, I would never have proposed disloyalty to FedEx or disobeying policy. The "new" FedEx has changed my perspective. You need to get a reality check, get-off the Kool-Aid, and understand your true position as an employee...bent over and ready to be kicked under the bus at a moment's notice.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

The philosophy of friend.W. Smith: So run this company as directed, but only if it screws the employees in some way. If working as directed benefits the hourlies... Well, we can't have that.

See how we are influenced?

Get it?

hypo hanna

The philosophy of friend.W. Smith: So run this company as directed, but only if it screws the employees in some way. If working as directed benefits the hourlies... Well, we can't have that.

See how we are influenced?

Get it?

We have learned from the best. Loyalty is a two way street.