Must Pick up Ground Packages

HomeDelivery

Is it true a ground driver only gets $1.50 to go to a stop and make a PU?

thought they get salary-day pay or by-the-piece (varies) so maybe those salary-paid drivers leave them sitting there for soo long...

at HD, if paid by the stop, it's just $1.25 to $1.60 based on the driver's pay scale & the rest goes to the contractor's business so we will make the attempt when we first hear about it

----------------------------------------------------------------------

And I've seen Ground drivers and Express drivers picking up each others packages on numerous occasions.

I am not an airline employee, so i just refer those customers to call the 1800GoFedEx number & call for a pickup or use a dropbox

SmithBarney

I picked up one ground today, which was misdelivered 2 weeks ago... the lady called and called they never came back for it.
I happened to have a package going to the correct address.

Not even the same street, not even the same number but the ground guy musta thought it was close enough.
example 123 FAR ST or 113 FARM ST yeah seems reasonable...

thedownhillEXPRESS

I picked up one ground today, which was misdelivered 2 weeks ago... the lady called and called they never came back for it.
I happened to have a package going to the correct address.

Not even the same street, not even the same number but the ground guy musta thought it was close enough.
example 123 FAR ST or 113 FARM ST yeah seems reasonable...

Far St, Farm St, Fart St....same thing

STFXG

I've retrieved misdelivered express boxes. Doesn't mean the driver in my area is incompetent. The 5 minutes to fix his mistake really wasn't a big deal. All it took was a text saying "hey, you left one for x address at y address. I took care of it."
Keep posting the anecdotes.

HomeDelivery

Sam~" Why not just have Ground drivers pickup at all drop boxes as well?"
That's what I was thinking.

We are too stupid to know how to access those boxes :whiteflag: They're property of the airline workers Express

you think they should have that on a decal in BIGGER WRITING for customers: dropbox is NOT FOR
GROUND ~ goto your local KINKOs, cough, FedEx OFFICE location to drop it off

hypo hanna

Originally Posted by bbsam
Why not just have Ground drivers pickup at all drop boxes as well?
That's what I was thinking.

its in the pipeline. I have seen the new design.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
The work we do here at Express requires a brain. The work at Ground does not. Therefore, we should earn more.
Once upon a time I said I would pay an express driver's daily salary to ride with me. I am now less arrogant. I would rather pay for smart pills.