My 30th day tomorrow.

Deemster

One more day to go, and I'm permanent full time package car.

It's a rough route, and today was a :censored2: show. About 25 tires and a few wood crates on top of 3rd floor apartment furniture.

I honestly feel like it's the beginning of peak season in our hub.

Anyways it will feel great being able to perform my job with out fear of DQ. Last few guys were dq'd for production issues.

I have diad training in the morning I wonder if I should punch in early to do it. Just in case they try to cut me? I don't think they will however

Rack em

Made the Podium
I remember my 30th day. I was more alert than ever and made sure to every thing right. And lurking on my PC was a misload for an area thats really close to our center so they told me to deliver it. On my way to deliver the misload was a field of deer and 2 of them ran across the road in front of me. That was my first scare. Then I get to the house and there is almost no room to turn my PC around cause I was in a 1000. So I had to do about a 15 point turn.... That misload added way too much stress to my day!

Moral of the story is to be extra careful on your 30th day! No one wants to make it all the way to the end and slip up. Speaking of... I wonder how many people screwed up on their 30th day and got Dq'd?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

It's a rough route, and today was a :censored2: show. About 25 tires and a few wood crates on top of 3rd floor apartment furniture.

Anyways it will feel great being able to perform my job with out fear of DQ. Last few guys were dq'd for production issues.

I have diad training in the morning I wonder if I should punch in early to do it. Just in case they try to cut me? I don't think they will however

Congrats and welcome aboard. Now stop stressing out!

shi*

I forgot to do the 2 training modules in the DIAD today

Dammit! I too forgot to do the training. Our center has been on a kick of trying threaten us with discipline for not getting em done. Whatever, guess I will have some DIAD training tomorrow!

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I always forget to do my Diad trainings...my center manager will call me and tell me
I'm THE ONLY driver in the center who hasn't done them hahahahaha

Deemster

Lol! Thanks guys.

Yeah I was supposed to do the training yesterday. But that completely slipped my mind amid the chaos.

Some things that cropped up on my 30:

I have had my first 2 or 3 ribs out the whole time. I got adjusted Saturday. Finally able to breathe again. Yay!

Transmission failed on my P1000. Failed transmission seal was leaking on to the exhaust heatshield Replacement was a old manual P1200 with 300k miles and just a lap belt. Drove it for a week and got my dream machine back. Had it for 2 days and wrote it up again for making terrible sounds. Cause: mechanics installed the wrong transmission! Lol. So 2 weeks of old Betty really.

I have a newborn at home. Inadequate sleep to say the least, not to mention the additional stress.

My 5 year old started kindergarten. Additional wake up time needed in the morning to get her ready for school.

Those are just off the top of my head...
For anyone trying to qualify, you can do it if you really want it.

Shout out to Brownslave688 for some tips on getting me this far! Thanks a lot.

And thank you to everyone at browncafe for being a great resource of information!

Thanks again

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I always do the training right after I park the truck in the evening. This way, I can code it off, relax and do it on their time.

Nimnim

The Nim
Lol! Thanks guys.

Yeah I was supposed to do the training yesterday. But that completely slipped my mind amid the chaos.

Some things that cropped up on my 30:

I have had my first 2 or 3 ribs out the whole time. I got adjusted Saturday. Finally able to breathe again. Yay!

Transmission failed on my P1000. Failed transmission seal was leaking on to the exhaust heatshield Replacement was a old manual P1200 with 300k miles and just a lap belt. Drove it for a week and got my dream machine back. Had it for 2 days and wrote it up again for making terrible sounds. Cause: mechanics installed the wrong transmission! Lol. So 2 weeks of old Betty really.

I have a newborn at home. Inadequate sleep to say the least, not to mention the additional stress.

My 5 year old started kindergarten. Additional wake up time needed in the morning to get her ready for school.

Those are just off the top of my head...
For anyone trying to qualify, you can do it if you really want it.

Shout out to Brownslave688 for some tips on getting me this far! Thanks a lot.

And thank you to everyone at browncafe for being a great resource of information!

Thanks again

Man you have a great attitude. Best of luck to you in your driving career.
th_100_.gif

KOG72

I’m full of it

Be safe brother and congratulations

Deemster

Some things to keep in mind to qualify.
Be a Yes man.
Do everything your told with a :censored2:he eating grin on your face.
Misload? Run it. Someone has your misload? Go get it it.

Run your route like you was trained. Don't deviate unless it is to make service on a premium package or getting a pickup before they close.

Keep your truck organised! This is important. It don't have to be perfect, but you should know what is where in there at all times.

Follow the methods. Complete stops at unregulated intersections. Hand rail. No packages in the cab. Don't diad and drive. Out of sight out out of weather for DR.

Since the last few got DQ'D for production, I started using my breaks for travelling from my commercial deliverys to resist and again for my pick ups and my drive to center. It's important to not scan anything during this time.

Mostly though it's this.
No accidents
No injuries
No service failures

optikz

Not really, but it depends on the person. For some people it's a breeze and they fly through it, and others might take 2 or 3 times to qualify.

ok. I just see some people post here that making it through that probation period can be rough and saw where others were let go before they even finished.