My Buddy Joe got shot

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
No please post it, if you do not know how, private message me and I will find and post, or give city and Ill find it.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Cheryl posted this on August 13th, I think it was. On ups headlines. The driver is ok physically. Lord knows mentally. Thanks for sending me the Link.

myback

my condolences to you and everyone affected by this senceless tragedy. i'll try not to be such a **** head anymore but i cant guarantee it. stories like this make me think about a lot about everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

LiL"Comet"

Toonertoo, I'm so sorry for you and everyone effected by this horrible tragedy, when we are affected by such things it really hits home makes us think NONE OF US ARE PROMISED TOMORROW. As humans we questions things as to "WHY" and i know we are not supposed to but i know i do. I worked at KFC for my first job when i turned 15 and an employee came in one night and robbed the place the manager knew exactly who it was bec. of his voice and actions he put everyone in the freezer. Thank goodness know one was hurt, he was a young stupid kid thinking he could get away with the whole thing bec he knew the routine. Again thanks for the sobering info i think it helps us all to hear. Good luck best wishes to his family.:thumbsup:

dillweed

tooner, hope all the best for your friend and family, all the worse for the culprit.

There's an angel on your shoulder, keep listening to her and be safe.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Tooner, Great news that Joe is doing so good. How are you doing on your rte from hell? Are you sticking to your guns about getting in/out of the 'hood' early? Have they made any changes to your rte?

tieguy

Banned
I wish one of the woman had a gun.
Taran would not ( and should not ) see the light of day when he turned 23.
Now, he will live with 3 hots and a cot for several decades and be released back into the public.
Those two woman should be praised and given some kind of public honor.

True justice would be his mysteriously falling down and becoming a paraplegic himself. I have no feelings of mercy for these punks. If he is guilty of the crime hang him in the downtown square so others considering a life of crime will know the consequences.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
well, lets seat a liberal jury.

then explain that he was the son of a resturant manager that never spent any time with his little son, and when he did, dad would physically and sexually abuse him for days at a time.

then of course, we would also introduce evidence that he was born that way, he has no control over his actions or his life.

by the time the lawyers get done, there will be blame placed on the old man for not following company policy to make the deposits every day, and not the next day, so this would never have had to happen. its all his fault.

with a few more little tweakings of the system, he will maybe get 3-5 years, with all suspended but time served, and walk out the door.

now in other countries, i hear justice is more an eye for an eye. we call that type of justice backward and barbaric..........

d

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Tooner, Great news that Joe is doing so good. How are you doing on your rte from hell? Are you sticking to your guns about getting in/out of the 'hood' early? Have they made any changes to your rte?
Yes I am sticking to it. I do the area where my buddy got shot early or not at all. But he got shot at 10am, soooooo........
I saw the liberal jury scenario dannyboy put up, and that will happen here. Everyone is a victim, except the true victim.
it all makes me ill. No one is responsible for their actions, except responsible people.
I dont worry anymore, its out of my hands. I just do it, and eventually come home. Its been quiet lately, I am thankful for that. But thinking about this poor guy just haunts me. It is so sad. I havent had the chance to stop by his house, I know I will cry. Thats the bad part of being female. His wife and I cried together one night, and I know I cant go there and not, and thats not what he needs now. They have dealt with it, I just think about it, big difference.
`So thanks for letting me share, here. Ya all have a good night!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
..... I havent had the chance to stop by his house, I know I will cry. Thats the bad part of being female. His wife and I cried together one night, and I know I cant go there and not, and thats not what he needs now. They have dealt with it, I just think about it, big difference.
`So thanks for letting me share, here. Ya all have a good night!!

I would disagree Tooner, I think that he and his family would appreciate and understand the tears. IMHO I think you should go and let them know that you are thinking of them. Just my opinion though.

I am glad to hear that you are still standing your ground on the rte.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
toon

i agree with dil

go, cry, but let him know you care by going

sometimes tears are the greatest medication

d

SoyFish

I have to say that I got a little annoyed that a dog has priority over a wounded person. Shows where our priorites are huh. (Sorry to generalize, but yeah, whatever)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Warning. Warning. For those of you who wish to share in my ongoing saga read. For the rest, please leave now.

So I have a pkg for Joe. My well respected comrades on here have told me to basically grow a set, and visit. I have not grown a set, Im a chicken.

But now I have a delivery.

So I go into stealth mode. I pull up quietly and tell my ownself, theres cars here, maybe I shouldnt intrude, maybe I will interrupt, I walk up the long, long wheel chair ramp, and feel like breaking down and crying, made a million excuses why I shouldnt just stand at the door and wait for someone to come to it.

I tap on the door and scurry back toward my truck, such a wimp I am.
But I dont make it. Someone yells "UPS Lady, come back please, Joe wants to see you"

For once in my life I am speechless. I turn around to go in and I know Im going to blow it, and say something dumb. Or cry, my worst uncontrollable fear. So Im telling myself, walk straight, breathe deep. Breathe in breath out.
I walk in the door and you would think I was a rock star. "joe sees you go by and says he wishes you would stop" "Joe says how nice you are, and he misses you" His wife says "june stoppped in and checked on me while you were away, and we cried and cried together" Ok Im losing it.

I go give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek, (its 90 degrees I probably smell like a farm animal Im thinking, and what will I hurt if I give him a hug, will I snap a tube or a wire) and said "man Joe you look good" He says "I lost 50 pds since I left KFC" He really does look good.
I said crap about the food here smells better than KFC and bet tastes better than the hospital, stupid stuff. And the whole time we are talking Im thinking of how assine it is for me when I complain about anything hurting, at least I can feel!!!!!!!!!!!

It was the hardest stop of my life. Next time will be easier.

But Im glad it finally happened. He was never actually a friend, but a guy I shot the crap with, yakked with, kidded with, just knew from the job. but somehow I must have touched him in some small way for Mom, Dad, Nurse, and Wife and Kids to invite me into their home, and I am blessed by that.

He showed me the big screen Tv he got his wife for his homecoming. I oohed and awed over it, good for him. Someone set up a nice outside tent so he can be outside, the ramp is real nice, someone is cutting the yard, etc. I just hope the whoever who has been helping doesnt quit.

What a great guy, and what a terrible tragedy. And he is the rock star in my mind, somehow he touched me and Im a better person for having the pleasure to know him. Thanks for listening etc. This is my statement and I approve this message.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tooner, I'm glad you got over the hump. Now it'll be cheery for you to see him from time to time. Good for you and especially good for Joe because he seems to appreciate your visits.

DS

Fenderbender
June, you have a way of saying things that almost got me crying,and I don't even know Joe.I think its great you got to talk to him,and it sounds like he'd like nothing more than to see your smilin. face now and then.Next time you get KFC,get him a 3pc meal and drop it off for him,I bet he'd like that.You are good people tooner.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
June, I think that its great that you went in and saw him. It is important for people like Joe to have people stop and say hello to them. It was a good thing for the both of you, it is how people deal with issues like this. It sounds like Joe has a lot of support, I hope everybody keeps it up.

over9five

Staff member
I would have done the same thing as Tooner. Gone into stealth mode. It's great someone caught you, tho!!!!!

People often don't realize the effect they have on other people....

browndevil

Tooner great story and thank you for keeping us up to date on Joe. Hey UPS Guys and Gals out there in Brown Cafe you have no idea how many lives we touch every day. People set their clocks by us, we may be the only friendly face, a smile, a constant in people lives. So yes Tooner you may have thought you only shot the bull with him, but your friend Joe was shooting the bull with his good friend Tooner.