My Buddy Joe got shot

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
In fact June, when Joe gets set up with his computer why not have him come in and visit our little family here. I would love to say hi.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I found a guy who looks like he can give Joe what he needs to run a computer.

Everyone is tight on money right now, I know. To set up a bank account I have to hire a lawyer, I may do it but for now, its rolling and I want to get it done by Christmas. So if anyone is so inclined you can donate here.
Every penny will be accounted for with nothing going to anything but Joes computer or his family.
Don Dalton has already consulted with Joe via phone, and we are setting up the consult so he will get exactly what he needs to gain back quality to his life.
Have a great day.

chev

Nightcrawler
I found a guy who looks like he can give Joe what he needs to run a computer.

Everyone is tight on money right now, I know. To set up a bank account I have to hire a lawyer, I may do it but for now, its rolling and I want to get it done by Christmas. So if anyone is so inclined you can donate here.
Every penny will be accounted for with nothing going to anything but Joes computer or his family.
Don Dalton has already consulted with Joe via phone, and we are setting up the consult so he will get exactly what he needs to gain back quality to his life.
Have a great day.
How are you doing with the fund raising? I sooooo want to donate but am barely making ends meet right now. :sad-little: Might be able to squeeze a few out of next weeks check. I wonder if UPS would be interested in a nice donation. I have my doubts, but they have been known to surprise me. :wink2:
It would be a nice public relations story for them.
Give Joe our best. :happy-very:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think I am doing great so far, Brown cafe friends have been great. I finally got a customer on my route, well known to the area, to accept payments at his place of business, so I can send a letter out and give two ways to give. Going through a bank fund is what I wanted to do, but its too intrusive. I dont want to involve Joe and his ss# etc, in it. I just want to do it.

I do have a name to write to at UPS, I have been almost guaranteed that they would contribute, even though it isnt a gift matching transaction.

I know things are tight. I know everyone would give if they could. For those that can't at this time, or ever, just send good thoughts his way:happy2:.
I have some things to list on ebay, I can use toward it and may even have a vehicle to sell for someone else.

It may take a little time, but it will get done. If I lived in the area, I could probably get a spag dinner together but I dont. And getting done at 8 and home at 9 has only left me the evenings to work on it which is why it has taken this long.

Thanks for all your support, financially and suportively (is that a word?)
This has affected me in a way, I never thought was possible. And Im just his delivery driver.

[email protected]
Ill keep you all posted.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have not seen Joe this week.
My fundraising, outside of my friends here, a few on the route, and one at work, are the only ones who have cared to donate. Im trying to find someone closer to train him to save money. I have a computer company who has donated their time to keep it updated. I guess I will have to go on the radio which is not something I wanted to do, as I thought I could get it done with just the local businesses. But even KFC has not responded, which is shocking to me.
I heard, have not confirmed that it just keeps getting worse. His son who is mentally challenged, had to be put in a home for Joes protection. And he was not there the last time I was there, so Im guessing it is true. He could not understand why his Daddy couldnt hug him or play with him, and he became abusive. Joe could not protect himself. So Joe or the boy had to go. If Joe went the family would have no support system. So Merry Freaking Christmas at that house. One senseless act has hurt so many people. Joe always tells me to be safe, and he worries about me, now that will humble you quick and in a hurry.
So if I do not seem to be able to pull this thing together rest assured that you will all get refunds, but I have not given up yet. :happy2:
Just the latest.
http://www.vindy.com/news/2008/dec/03/shot-fired-at-2-agents-adds-to-recent-rash-of/

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You sound a little frazzled tonite. Don't worry June, it will all turn out right. Just be patient. Why don't you want to do the radio thing?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Tooner, i dont have a paypal account set up, is there any way to open a po box to send checks?

For some reason i have missed this thread and im so sorry to hear all of this, thats why you messaged me about the computer guy here. How is that working out?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have checked the guy out and he checks out, but the cost of him coming here is the biggest boundary. but I wanted someone to teach him so it would be frustration free. And this guy looks great. If I cannot raise enough then I have been contacting my congressman and senator who actually came to our building, but must be on vacation:whiteflag: as they said they would contact me and have not. I thought the bureau of rehab and vocational services may have someone in the area who could train him, I thought they could put me in contact. Without having alot of Joes sensitive financial info etc, and access to his social worker, its really hard to get anything done for him, that he may be eligible for, and anything through the government works slow if at all.
I dont mean to sound frazzled. Ive had things goin on and getting home at 9pm as a rule hasnt helped.

I do not have a po box or a bank account as that required more sensitive info. I do have a business adress of someone in the area, a well respected business to send payments to. Since most people dont know me by name. Ill pm it to anyone who wants it.

I really didnt want to do the radio thing as in my own personal opinion, and I could be wrong, Joe is proud, and although without all the benefits people have had for him I dont know how they would have survived. I think he would rather not have me on the radio asking for more help.
If I lived in the area, I could have a spaghetti benefit or something, but I dont.
ill keep writing my letters to people and keep hoping some major large business will come through. It will work out, just takes more time than I wanted it to.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Finally the computer is done and he will start training next week. He is so excited. I told him tonight!! He will train on web surfing and email, and learn that and then we will get him the mouse so he can play games.
I got a guy locally who learned to use it and is going to donate his time to train him, and keep it running smooth for him. So we got it done for a fraction of what I was quoted from various far away places. So thanks to all who helped, I will introduce him to here, eventually. And Im sure he will thank all of you for your help. And I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Finally the computer is done and he will start training next week. He is so excited. I told him tonight!! He will train on web surfing and email, and learn that and then we will get him the mouse so he can play games.
I got a guy locally who learned to use it and is going to donate his time to train him, and keep it running smooth for him. So we got it done for a fraction of what I was quoted from various far away places. So thanks to all who helped, I will introduce him to here, eventually. And Im sure he will thank all of you for your help. And I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

That's great!!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Tooner that is so great. I am so happy for you and Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just wondering how he was doing yesterday but I didn't take the time to go look for the thread. I am truly excited for him. :bigsmile2::woohoo:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Tooner, I've watched the show, Nascar Angels before, and I think you have just started, UPS Angels. Great job you're doing for your buddy, and now our buddy, Joe.