My Buddy Joe got shot

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
One year anniversary. This is the article in todays paper. Anna his sister called me tonight, said he had a meeting with the pc guy and he is trying to learn his new voice activated computer. It is a learning process, he will do fine. I still need to find him the correct mouse which after he learns the system, we will decide the correct one for him. Thanks again all.
http://www.vindy.com/news/2009/mar/24/joe-kaluza-8216feels-great8217-1-year-after/

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes Dilli mentioned that. I know they applied but never got any reply. But with my extreme persuasive attitude, we will get it, with a little help from my friends.
I stopped by tonight to give him a dvd from Christopher Reeve foundation that shows him the different mouses available for handsfree computing. He said the guy from Youngstown Computer who trained him was very nice and spent lots of time for him. But he finds it difficult. It will get easier with time. His nurse knows how to use it, uses it herself. she has an accent and explains to him how it takes time to let Dragon learn your dialect. He was so tired he could hardly keep his eyes open. It will be Ok. I told him. I think it was awful that it took me a year to get it together. But he thanked me and thanked me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think it was awful that it took me a year to get it together. But he thanked me and thanked me.

Bull****. I agree with Joe. What you did was great and I respect you for it. Don't second-guess yourself. 99% of people would have said they were gonna do it but never get it done.

You got'er done...Thanks from me and Joe.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Thanks steve and hoax.
I just feel I have to do something more.
The notoriety for lack of a better word is worn off, and he is pretty much alone now. His Mom showed up while I was there, but other than the nurse he was alone. The benefits have slowed, the attention although welcomed at one time began to drag on him, and now hes just there, moving from one tiny room to another. About 30 ft max at the most. But now he can escape from time to time and fight with his pc, just like we do.

DS

Fenderbender
It could help if everyone took the time to bring this to the attention of KFC brass.Please be respectful with your request for help and remember,they are not responsible for Joes dilemma.

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Great idea, DS. Kudos

After seeing what he deals with he needs somewhere he can move around.

We will also be petitioning Extreme makeovers. More info to follow

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Great idea, DS. Kudos

After seeing what he deals with he needs somewhere he can move around.

We will also be petitioning Extreme makeovers. More info to follow
Tooner, whatever help you need let me know.

Once the info gets to EHM, we can do a campaign blitz to get some attention for Joe and his family.
or
There is an address to mail the application to, maybe each of us could write a letter and send it to June and put all of them in with the application.

Oh, BTW, you did a great thing Tooner. Don't beat yourself up for no reason.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
While I am honored, I think the organizer deserves it.
But I am speechless, HA NOT!
I cant make any committments at this time because of Brads health issues.
I would have jumped on this in a heartbeat if not for his health issues, and we dont know how it will be by then. Right now he could not go, so then I dont know.
but sincerely Thanks.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Joes sis called me tonight. He is getting the hang of it. Someone has asked him to take a small job organizing pics online for them. Not alot of money as he doesnt want it to affect his workmens comp. But he may find a niche. Thanks again all, will keep you posted!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
LOOKIE LOOKIE what I got in the mail today, I mean by UPS:greedy:
I got the boost tracer!!

He was having a bit of trouble with the voice activation because of the respirator, so we will give this a try.
Im hoping to take it over Monday since I took the day off! Ill let you know!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Great news ... absolutely wonderful happening.

10012009_web_kaluza_b.jpg

1188_1254332926.jpg
1188_12549303121.jpg

Last edited: