My Center Manager has another part time job...

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Does anyone else's center manager have another part time job? Mine does. Even during peak season he finds the time to referee high school basketball games. Does anyone who drives EVER get home in time to go watch their own kids participate in high school sports let alone go referee other people's kids? Especially during peak season. How much value does he add to UPS when his day is over at 5 PM and the drivers are out until 8-9-or 10 PM.. That is impressive..
what world do you live in????? to be in the operations level of management sucks,, get to know your onroads and center manager,, learn the reality of that "easy job" ..put your letter in so you too get get some of that easy money

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Does anyone else's center manager have another part time job? Mine does. Even during peak season he finds the time to referee high school basketball games. Does anyone who drives EVER get home in time to go watch their own kids participate in high school sports let alone go referee other people's kids? Especially during peak season. How much value does he add to UPS when his day is over at 5 PM and the drivers are out until 8-9-or 10 PM.. That is impressive..

I was able to coach my son's Little League and Babe Ruth teams. Several of my co-workers did the same with their children. This was before the production push. It would be nearly impossible to do so today.

My center manager is there at least an hour or two before I come in and usually stays an hour or two after I leave each day. He has been known to come in on an occassional Saturday. If I put in those kind of hours as an hourly employee I would be well over $100K per year. Of course, I would have even less of a life than I have now.

I was able to coach my son's Little League and Babe Ruth teams. Several of my co-workers did the same with their children. This was before the production push. It would be nearly impossible to do so today.

My center manager is there at least an hour or two before I come in and usually stays an hour or two after I leave each day. He has been known to come in on an occassional Saturday. If I put in those kind of hours as an hourly employee I would be well over $100K per year. Of course, I would have even less of a life than I have now.
and about 10,000 less posts.

UPSSOCKS

That's your center manager's fault. I was once like that now I have grown to know better. Except for some extreme circumstances every work day can be completed in seven hours or less. Every once in a while something may come up that might take a couple hours here and there, but for the most part seven hours or less.

I am sure I will get a response from some uneducated union person saying "maybe in small centers" blah blah blah but the larger the building, the shorter the day. So don't even waster your time.

over9five

Staff member
That's your center manager's fault. I was once like that now I have grown to know better. Except for some extreme circumstances every work day can be completed in seven hours or less. Every once in a while something may come up that might take a couple hours here and there, but for the most part seven hours or less.

I am sure I will get a response from some uneducated union person saying "maybe in small centers" blah blah blah but the larger the building, the shorter the day. So don't even waster your time.

Yawn.

This explains why they got rid of the first 1800 of you guys.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

You hang around 10 hours to do 7 hours of work. Must be nice. You are overallowed. You need a 3 day ride.

upsgrunt

I just want to know why he thinks he is so superior in knowledge to us "uneducated union folk". He's trying to yank chains and I'm yankin' right back this time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just want to know why he thinks he is so superior in knowledge to us "uneducated union folk". He's trying to yank chains and I'm yankin' right back this time.

The irony is while you are being serious he is sitting at his laptop laughing at our reaction to the false persona he has created.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The irony is while you are being serious he is sitting at his laptop laughing at our reaction to the false persona he has created.

No doubt; it is sometimes hard to ignore his crap sometimes.

I think you understand it but the best way to deal with posters like Socks is to ignore them. When you reply to them you are doing what they want and they are controlling you. The more emotional and vitriolic your response the more he/she is controlling you.