My Choice - is it really this stupid?

Taco

I have something being delivered tomorrow and for the first time since I've been enrolled in My Choice nobody will be home to receive it. Tuesday won't be a problem, so I have two options:
1) Waste my driver's time with a NI 1
2) Pay $5 so UPS can warehouse it for a day

I hate the idea of my driver making a stop they know they're not going to be able to complete. The item isn't big, bulky, expensive, or critical, so it's not going to be much of an inconvenience for either one of us to make a second attempt (well, more of an inconvenience for my driver than me). So I plan on leaving a post it note on my door tomorrow saying "UPS- leave InfoNotice, see you tomorrow" so he won't stand at my door for 20 seconds waiting for me to answer it.

Honestly I think the "Reschedule Delivery" should be free for a day, maybe two. I'm sure warehousing it for a day is cheaper than making a delivery attempt.

yeldarb

i like mychoice so far. I have two houses on my route that get signature required almost daily, and it allows my to deliver it to the front door with an esignature.

UPSGUY72

I have something being delivered tomorrow and for the first time since I've been enrolled in My Choice nobody will be home to receive it. Tuesday won't be a problem, so I have two options:

I hate the idea of my driver making a stop they know they're not going to be able to complete. The item isn't big, bulky, expensive, or critical, so it's not going to be much of an inconvenience for either one of us to make a second attempt (well, more of an inconvenience for my driver than me). So I plan on leaving a post it note on my door tomorrow saying "UPS- leave InfoNotice, see you tomorrow" so he won't stand at my door for 20 seconds waiting for me to answer it.

Honestly I think the "Reschedule Delivery" should be free for a day, maybe two. I'm sure warehousing it for a day is cheaper than making a delivery attempt.

My choice isn't going over to well we got a PCM two weeks ago that we need to get more people to sign up. They are even having a competition to see what building can get the most people to sign up. Just another desk jockeys great plans that isn't living up to the hype. Probably has cost the company more money than they will ever save or make off it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Taco, I was hoping you would have posted a tracking number as we could have given you more accurate advice. If you have the tracking number, I'd like to you to look at the 9th and 10th digits. If they are A8 or 42 that means the package must have an adult signature (A8) or must have a signature (42). A8 packages cannot be indirected to a neighbor nor can they be left using electronic release. Packages with a 42 can be indirected to a neighbor. Packages with 03 can be driver released, which means we leave it out of sight/out of weather at your residence.

You can have the package held at the center and pick it up the same day (SDWC) at no charge. You can also have it redirected to your place of employment, if that is a better option for you. There is a charge for that ($10?). You can also authorize the release of the shipment through MyChoice

Do you have a neighbor whom you would feel comfortable having your package indirected to? If so, this or authorizing the release of the shipment would be the best options for all involved.

UPSGUY72

i like mychoice so far. I have two houses on my route that get signature required almost daily, and it allows my to deliver it to the front door with an esignature.

That doesn't cost the customer anything. If the customer had to pay for that service they wouldn't do it. Since my choice started I have only had 3 E sig deliveries.

Taco

Taco, I was hoping you would have posted a tracking number as we could have given you more accurate advice. If you have the tracking number, I'd like to you to look at the 9th and 10th digits. If they are A8 or 42 that means the package must have an adult signature (A8) or must have a signature (42). A8 packages cannot be indirected to a neighbor nor can they be left using electronic release. Packages with a 42 can be indirected to a neighbor. Packages with 03 can be driver released, which means we leave it out of sight/out of weather at your residence.

You can have the package held at the center and pick it up the same day (SDWC) at no charge. You can also have it redirected to your place of employment, if that is a better option for you. There is a charge for that ($10?). You can also authorize the release of the shipment through MyChoice

Do you have a neighbor whom you would feel comfortable having your package indirected to? If so, this or authorizing the release of the shipment would be the best options for all involved.
Regular Ground --code 03. No DR here, controlled access apartment where only buzzers inside the building can open the door. If it was a phone intercom I'd let the driver in so he could DR. Don't know any of my neighbors well enough to ask them to accept it. SDWC isn't worth the drive to the center when someone will be home on Tuesday.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Actually we are allowed to DR at controlled access apartment complexes. If the driver has other deliveries for your complex and is able to gain entry he will DR your package.

Leave the post it note as you suggested and you will have your package Tuesday.

Is their a charge to reroute a package nowadays if you are not a member of mychoice?

rocket man

pick up phone have it redirected to custumer counter at your blding

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Actually we are allowed to DR at controlled access apartment complexes. If the driver has other deliveries for your complex and is able to gain entry he will DR your package.

Leave the post it note as you suggested and you will have your package Tuesday.
i would HIGHLY recommend you discuss this with your LP person

UPSGUY72

i would HIGHLY recommend you discuss this with your LP person

Upstate is correct and any LP person will tell you the same thing. If access to the apartment/ condo complex is controlled (ie locked ) you can Dr the package if you can get inside. However the area in which the building is located could be a determine factor is you DR the packages or not.

yeldarb

Upstate is correct and any LP person will tell you the same thing. If access to the apartment/ condo complex is controlled (ie locked ) you can Dr the package if you can get inside. However the area in which the building is located could be a determine factor is you DR the packages or not.
I DR to my condo unit complexes also, which arent secured, and are multi level. Our LP says to leave packages which we feel are safe. I have a condo complex with 12 units per building, which get about 10 stops a day to all the buildings combined, and in 5 years, I have had 1 negative DR.
I will not leave packages at my apartment complexes, since the residents move in and out frequently, but it is not a problem since the office will sign for the packages.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Upstate's area and mine, for that matter, have relatively low crime rates. If you can get in the door, you can (pretty much) drop. There are a few exceptions, but that's why we have area knowledge.