My Choice - is it really this stupid?

rod

Retired 22 years
All these "higher ups" who are telling drivers that it is ok to DR at a secured apts----- are you people getting that in writing? Watch the "higher ups" backpedal on those comments if a package comes up missing.

BigBrown3605

All these "higher ups" who are telling drivers that it is ok to DR at a secured apts----- are you people getting that in writing? Watch the "higher ups" backpedal on those comments if a package comes up missing.

Today we had diad training regarding driver release packages. It did state we are allowed to driver release packages at the front door in gated apartment complexes.

TUT

Here are the charges. Sort of interesting, if you want to re-route prior to the first attempt it's 10 or 15 dollars. After first attempt it's 5 or 6 dollars. Not sure I understand the logic but it's from the 2012 Service Guide:

Delivery Change Options UPS Delivery Intercept®:
– As a shipper, and after you tender your packages to UPS, you can request that UPS return the
package to you, reroute the package to a new address, have the package held for pickup or have
the package delivered on a future date. When the package is tracked, the status of the intercept
will be displayed.
– Shippers can request a UPS Delivery Intercept through the Shipping History within WorldShip
9.0 or higher, UPS CampusShip, UPS Internet Shipping, Quantum View® Manage or UPS Tracking
on ups.com. A UPS Delivery Intercept can also be requested by calling 1-800-Pick-UPS.
Delivery Change Request:
– After the first delivery attempt has occurred, consignees may request a Delivery Change Request
to change a package’s delivery location or time, have the package held for pickup or request the
package to be returned to the sender. The consignee submits the request by using the Tracking
application on ups.com, or by calling 1-800-Pick-UPS. A UPS InfoNotice® number is required to
change the destination delivery address.

UPS Delivery Intercept:
– $11.00 per package for web
requests
– $15.00 per package for phone
requests
– No charge for Will Call
Delivery Change Request:
– $5.00 per package for web request
– $6.00 per package for phone request
– No charge for Return to Sender
and Will Call
Additional transportation fees may
apply. Refer to the “UPS Tariff/
Terms and Conditions for Package
Shipments in the United States”
beginning on page 159 for

beentheredonethat

I have something being delivered tomorrow and for the first time since I've been enrolled in My Choice nobody will be home to receive it. Tuesday won't be a problem, so I have two options:
1) Waste my driver's time with a NI 1
2) Pay $5 so UPS can warehouse it for a day

Honestly I think the "Reschedule Delivery" should be free for a day, maybe two. I'm sure warehousing it for a day is cheaper than making a delivery attempt.

Taco... In a way you are right, for that one pkg in this one stop, it is cheaper for us if you notify us ahead of time for a rescheduled delivery. However, a lot of time and programming went in so that this could be used by customers. If we didn't have mychoice, what you listed as a problem would have occurred anyways. However there are people out there that need to be there and the mychoice allows them to know when it is coming, let them pay to tighten the delivery window or pay for them to reschedule or reroute. Once the programming is paid for, the rescheduling is very little cost to UPS, therefore very profitable. All this money and effort we put into PFT, PAS, DIAD etc can give us a nice profitable return by service features we can now offer due to this technology. These new svcs will be very hard to be matched by FDX (at least for now) and are very profitable for UPS.

klein

Für Meno :)
As far as I'm concerned, UPS can deliver 3 times to my door without me being here, and after that I still have a few days to pick it up at the center for free.
Why would I pay extra ?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Not here, unless it has changed in the past few months. The only pkgs that we hold are sig req. Those are post carded. Everything else is RTS'd.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Yes, I do have it in writing.
Had I not, I would not.
Instead of signing and handing in what they call our annual DR Certification, I kept it.

yeldarb

We have been told no DR to apartments, except for shipper release, and condos are okay. We all had to sign that a while back in our center.