My choice

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So we have had my choice for about a year now. I'll make this short and sweet. How do u think it's went over? Do you have many packages that are my choice? personally I've seen maybe 5 in a whole year. So what's your opinion on my choice.

BleedsBrown

i think new services are extremely slow to catch on not sure if its stubborness on the part of the shipper or just bad comm on our part?

thessalonian13

So we have had my choice for about a year now. I'll make this short and sweet. How do u think it's went over? Do you have many packages that are my choice? personally I've seen maybe 5 in a whole year. So what's your opinion on my choice.
I have not seen 1 my choice in our center

Catatonic

Nine Lives

My Choice is a suite of consignee based services.

You appear to be referring to the Premium level service of a 2-hour window.

Brownslave688

i think new services are extremely slow to catch on not sure if its stubborness on the part of the shipper or just bad comm on our part?

My choice has nothing to do with the shipper and we have left millions of info notices with the bright blue my choice add. So slow to catch on? Or won't catch on?

Brownslave688

My Choice is a suite of consignee based services.

You appear to be referring to the Premium level service of a 2-hour window.
No I've seen zero delivery window packages and maybe a handful of e signatures (I like those). What I will admit we don't see is all that packages that get held or address changes because of my choice. No way for us as drivers to measure that.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
zero, they like to call the center and aggravate me for a re attempt instead. I didnt knock, I didt ring, I snuck on the porch, yada yada.

Brownslave688

zero, they like to call the center and aggravate me for a re attempt instead. I didnt knock, I didt ring, I snuck on the porch, yada yada.

Yes I love the he didn't knock ( most of my customers complain they think I'm the cops) or there was no info notice I didn't wait long enough. I always laugh at my sups and then serious as can be I say why? I mean honestly what's my incentive not to knock or leave a notice( I have to scan one) why wouldn't I leave it?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have one esignature on my route, the customer mistakenly thought that I would be able to leave their wine on the porch. Other than that...nada. I have never had a delivery time window. I would say that MyChoice is an utter failure. For only slightly more money, a customer can simply rent a PO box at their local UPS store.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yes I love the he didn't knock ( most of my customers complain they think I'm the cops) or there was no info notice I didn't wait long enough. I always laugh at my sups and then serious as can be I say why? I mean honestly what's my incentive not to knock or leave a notice( I have to scan one) why wouldn't I leave it?

its the runners who friend it up for everyone..dammit. I have seen some boxes from a couple of different accounts which say "ring bell or knock" right in the delivery address on the thermal label...so there is a problem with some people not knocking.

DS

Fenderbender
We were short on info notices and got a box of yours with the my choice option and were told not to use them.
We have better ideas to keep the customer happy.It's called ADL...one attempt and go pick it up at the ups store.
Our diads now even prompt us OK to ADL.
When delivering your undelivered pkgs to the ups store,you sheet it as
left at "other" retail store.
My choice will never take off,it's a stupid idea.

barnyard

KTM rider
what's my incentive not to knock or leave a notice( I have to scan one) why wouldn't I leave it?

That is what I ask the consignee when I go back. I also tell them, "If you have this problem with every UPS person, maybe the problem is not with us." Unfortunately, I am really snarky when I say it, so I doubt that anyone gets the point.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If the customer falsely accuses me of not ringing or knocking, then they can forget about me making any sort of extra effort to get them their package.

If, on the other hand, they are honest and say "hey, I must have been in the shower" (or asleep, or next door, or whatever) when I rang the bell, then I will go to great lengths to make a second attempt, including having dispatch give them my cell phone# so that they can call me directly and meet me someplace.

I really hate liars, especially when they are basically accusing me of not doing my job.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have one esignature on my route, the customer mistakenly thought that I would be able to leave their wine on the porch. Other than that...nada. I have never had a delivery time window. I would say that MyChoice is an utter failure. For only slightly more money, a customer can simply rent a PO box at their local UPS store.

My Choice is free unless you want premium services.