My customer wants his nda...for free!

iruhnman630

I'm running a peak season route which is a combination of a regular split route and a combination of splits. For the last two weeks of peak I will be doing about 15 morning commercial stops off of another route in the afternoon along with their pickups.

For the most part the customers are unhappy but understanding.

But today I had an entertaining conversation with one of them.

Apparently he feels that he is a (his words) 'one day shipper' and that he 'has a contract to be a morning delivery, first stop on the route'. Short of being an ssi account there is no such thing.

Here's the amusing part...his plan to get his usual morning deliveries the next two weeks:

Have all of his packages shipped NDA, but reverse the nda charges back to UPS and not pay them :funny: .

I politely and professionally reminded him that the only guarantee is that we deliver them by the end of the day (17:00), but on the inside I was busting up laughing.

UPSGUY72

I'm running a peak season route which is a combination of a regular split route and a combination of splits. For the last two weeks of peak I will be doing about 15 morning commercial stops off of another route in the afternoon along with their pickups.

For the most part the customers are unhappy but understanding.

But today I had an entertaining conversation with one of them.

Apparently he feels that he is a (his words) 'one day shipper' and that he 'has a contract to be a morning delivery, first stop on the route'. Short of being an ssi account there is no such thing.

Here's the amusing part...his plan to get his usual morning deliveries the next two weeks:

Have all of his packages shipped NDA, but reverse the nda charges back to UPS and not pay them :funny: .

I politely and professionally reminded him that the only guarantee is that we deliver them by the end of the day (17:00), but on the inside I was busting up laughing.

Everyone wants there package fisrt thing in the morning.

He can't request his money back only the shipper can and only if it is late.

Tell him to wait till next week when commit times are relaxed 1 1/2 hrs. NDA don't have to be deliverd till 1200 and NDS not till 1630.

bbsam

Staff member
Give him the "Cheney line": "Go fu** yourself." Not polite or professional, but in every other way oh so applicable.:happy-very:

probellringer

its so much easier this time of year...if they take care of you ---they get their pkgs...especially when ec is available--i know whos NOT getting them

brown67

Had a driver here with the same problem. Company wanted to be first stop of the day, but driver had a lot of airs and couldn't get there until after 10:30. After company called and complain he started delivering them at 1659 ever day just before they closed. After doing that for a week he went back to the normal morning time the next monday. When he got there all he said was "1045 isn't so bad is it." They never complained again.

ups1990

They all want to be the first in deliveries and last for pick ups.
At one point, the "1030" mindset continued up to noon. After delivering my air, I would keep a mental list of commercial stops by preference of customers, trying to satisfy customers and provide service. It eventually got too troublesome and now the route goes according to each specific day. No more doing extra than what is required from us and customers have to wait for their respected packages. You want me here early? You better have a red or a bulk stop coming.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Everyone wants there package fisrt thing in the morning.

He can't request his money back only the shipper can and only if it is late.

Tell him to wait till next week when commit times are relaxed 1 1/2 hrs. NDA don't have to be deliverd till 1200 and NDS not till 1630.
It could be worse. Our relaxed commits go from 12 to 13:30. Tell him to move to AZ if he doesn't like it. :wink2: