My Doctor Told Me Today I Should Quit This Company

P

pickup

Pickup,

I agree with the health benefits of hot peppers, but why in hot water? I understand the idea in DOL's link that it makes the affect faster in a heart attack scenario but if you do it in a daily, non emergency, routine, does not just adding various peppers to your meals work? As a big fan of habeneros and other hot items I would hope that is sufficient.

I suppose the hot water is my personal twist , making it sort of a tea if you will. Which do you prefer, cold tea or hot tea? I believe that the effect on circulation is more immediate with the hotter temp of the water due to the some of the nutrients already entering your system via the sublingual route: the mucous membrane under the tongue. The warmer temperature makes this system of delivery more effective.

Yes, I would definitely agree that the addition of various peppers to your meals would have the same effect in terms of the nonemergency uses. However, I am not the type of guy who makes major involved meals, so I prefer this as a tea. I just had some last night , still feel pretty good.

To each his own. Obviously, whatever I said is my own or someone else opinion so I am not presenting it as the gospel just what seems to agree with me. There's more than one way to use this herb (didn't even know it was classified as a herb until yesterday)

moreluck

golden ticket member
I make fried peppers (both mild & hot)and onions all the time. I have them with almost everything. If I make a sandwich, there's peppers on it. We have them warmed up as a side to almost every supper. Great with pasta, mashed potatoes, any meat , etc.

We grew habanero and cayenne peppers in pots on the patio. We froze a lot of them for cooking with chilis and stews and soups. You don't need many to heat up the food!!

raceanoncr

I just heated up some hot water and put a pinch of cayenne pepper in it and am now in the process of drinking it. My nostrils just opened up. Feels so good to breathe. Ahh.

Hey, man! I wonder if you, like, could, maybe DRY some of this stuff and, uh, like, man, roll it up in some, like ZIG-ZAGS and, like, uh, get some, uh, medicinal benefits from it also, like, ya know? :happy-very:

rod

Retired 22 years
The lady that ran the "Health Food" store on my route was constantly sick. Bad cold- flu- you name it. Pretty much turned me off to the "natural. organic, herbal medicne, health food" style of life. My Grandma "fasted" 1 day a week all her life and and ate anything she wanted the rest of the week and she lived til 102. Thats the way I do it----------except for the fasting part:happy2:

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
And? Come on Rocky, don't just leave us hanging.

hahaha, Steve. I got her number, called her a week or ten days later and left a voicemail. She never called back. I wrote it off. It was the end of the spring term and neither of us were taking summer classes, so I didn't spend much--if any--time at all on campus. In September, I was back at work in the library one evening the first week of classes and saw movement. I glanced up and saw her at a computer (she has a very bright, distinctive shade of red hair). We locked eyes as she walked to a printer to collect a print-job 10 seconds later. She made a 'one second gesture.' I shrugged and went back to work. Ten minutes later, she was still on her cell and I decided I'd had enough of the library for one night and walked out. I was back in there a couple days later and she sauntered up. We talked and she dropped a hint that she was still interested, so I invited her out again for coffee. I called her again and this time talked to her rather than being put into voicemail. She hedged on being available. I got off the phone with her after less than a minute and deleted her from my cell contacts. I ran into her again on campus a couple weeks later and had a 10 second conversation with her. She dropped off the grid after that. I saw her about 6 months later as I was about to chow down on a Quizno's sub while she was walking into a salon with a cadre of girl friends. Promptly ruined my day! lol. I haven't seen her since but I haven't gone looking for her, either. I'm 'dancing that dance' with a young woman right now. Very nice, very bright young woman. Unfortunately, as I'm sure all the young bucks know, women often have a stereotype of guys: oblivious, clueless, etc. I'm pretty sure this young woman has this impression of me. I've been explicity discouraged from setting her straight. It'd be kind of funny to see the shocked expression on her face as I set her straight about this event, this comment and this reaction! lol. -Rocky