My doorbell rang at 7:37 this morning...

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Nobody rings a doorbell around here before 8am, unless it's family or some kind of emergency. I was awake and already on the computer. Well, it was USPS, delivering a package the size of a shoebox from Amazon. They sure get an early start. My records show only 5 more packages due, and it shows that 3 of them are to be delivered later today, by somebody. BTW, it's my birthday today. The big 6-0. If I'd have known I was going to live this long, I would've taken better care of myself. lol

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Nobody rings a doorbell around here before 8am, unless it's family or some kind of emergency. I was awake and already on the computer. Well, it was USPS, delivering a package the size of a shoebox from Amazon. They sure get an early start. My records show only 5 more packages due, and it shows that 3 of them are to be delivered later today, by somebody. BTW, it's my birthday today. The big 6-0. If I'd have known I was going to live this long, I would've taken better care of myself. lol

Happy birthday! :bdayiggy::happybday:bdayparty:

watdaflock?

Nobody rings a doorbell around here before 8am, unless it's family or some kind of emergency. I was awake and already on the computer. Well, it was USPS, delivering a package the size of a shoebox from Amazon.

Smart using USPS. What would have been the delivery cost difference if UPS delivered it three hours later?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Smart using USPS. What would have been the delivery cost difference if UPS delivered it three hours later
I don't know the answer to that. The shipper chooses his mode of delivery, not me. I've had UPS deliver about 7-8 packages to me in the last week and a half. FEDEX has delivered 3-4, and USPS about 4-5. USPS would be my last choice if I had any say. They have a tendency to hold packages, for whatever reason, for up to 5 days after they reach my town, before they deliver it to me.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Well...you're still around to celebrate it...isn't that what's important? :) Happy Birthday Rob!

browner89

I don't think my mailman rolls out of bed before 8. The old guy used to have our mail here by 11am at the latest, since we got a new guy last year or so i'm lucky to see mail by 5pm.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I don't think my mailman rolls out of bed before 8.
I think this is just for peak. I actually called the local post office and talked to a real live person. I checked a tracking website about a package, and it was delivered by USPS at 7:30am. I asked the guy if he actually wanted me to believe they are out working at that time. He said yes, they are going out early with packages, then coming back in and delivering their regular mail route.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
In my neighborhoods, I've seen packages from FedEx ground already on doorsteps while I'm delivering air.
Then again, they don't have to wait for air to be brought in and sorted in the AM either.

My route is split in half and the route I do during peak, I've seen 4 FedEx "employees" delivering.
One air, Two ground, and a Home Delivery driver :slap:

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Happy Birthday Tex! Hope you have a great one!