My dream job!!!

nmang2412

So, i went in to get my last check and the woman in HR called me into he office. i asked if she knew anything about preload and she immediatley sat me down at a computer and had me apply! Now im going on the tour this monday and starting tuesday!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
So, i went in to get my last check and the woman in HR called me into he office. i asked if she knew anything about preload and she immediatley sat me down at a computer and had me apply! Now im going on the tour this monday and starting tuesday!
Congrats on getting hired, let us know how you like or dislike it in a few months.

S

serenity now

that's great:rolleyes:

Buck Fifty

I'm just feeling all dreamy inside.... let the games begin !!!

nmang2412

Is it true that ups tries to physically break drivers before retirement. I know a couple of drivers that say if you end up retiring that they kind of just give you a golf clap and a look like how the hell did you make it!?!?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is it true that ups tries to physically break drivers before retirement. I know a couple of drivers that say if you end up retiring that they kind of just give you a golf clap and a look like how the hell did you make it!?!?

The job is physically demanding but, no, UPS does not try to intentionally injure their employees. To claim otherwise is absurd.

Buck Fifty

The job is physically demanding but, no, UPS does not try to intentionally injure their employees. To claim otherwise is absurd.

I would agree here, their intent is not to injure their employee. Their intent is to push their employee to the point he/she injures him or herself. The idea is to not allow this pressure to overcome you. Injuries are caused by the employee 99% of the time.

Forget about retirement...............concentrate on doing your job and gaining seniority!

packageguy

good luck, now, come to work everyday no late when you turn 21 you will have a driving job. Just stay clean don't give them any reason to say no.. Again. Good luck

nmang2412

So, ive been in the building before but never when the trucks are parked in there. How the hell do they do that, i literally couldnt fit my fist in between some of the cars! BTW, considering how short and how uninformative the tour was, im pretty sure its just a test to see who will show up and be on time. So, tommorrow is my first day and i was wondering do we get a i.d. or anything?

ocnewguy

So, ive been in the building before but never when the trucks are parked in there. How the hell do they do that, i literally couldnt fit my fist in between some of the cars! BTW, considering how short and how uninformative the tour was, im pretty sure its just a test to see who will show up and be on time. So, tommorrow is my first day and i was wondering do we get a i.d. or anything?

Listen, I understand your eagerness to know everything about UPS before you start but just be patient. I felt the same way when i started a while ago. You'll learn these things as you work and time passes.