My driver helper got a job before me!

Newguy351

I started last year as a peak driver. During the winter they had a helper come on my truck to run packages for me. He started in Nov/Dec. and he ended up driving for a few weeks.

I did a good job last year and the managers called me to come back 6/6 (I worked the unload during off peak)

To my amazement when I came back last week I saw him and he told me they kept him on as a permanent hire. Is this the type of stuff I should get used to??? Absolutely Amazing!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
0519e7e548677b4206032b4e7223601a1c1dae-wm.jpg

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I started last year as a peak driver. During the winter they had a helper come on my truck to run packages for me. He started in Nov/Dec. and he ended up driving for a few weeks.

I did a good job last year and the managers called me to come back 6/6 (I worked the unload during off peak)

To my amazement when I came back last week I saw him and he told me they kept him on as a permanent hire. Is this the type of stuff I should get used to??? Absolutely Amazing!
If he was an off-the-street hire, there isn't much you can do.
Just keep doing what you're doing.
The only time it screws you is if he takes the last vacation week you wanted or bid a route that you liked.

Box Ox

Is this the type of stuff I should get used to??? Absolutely Amazing!

Disappointments that are within the bounds of your union-negotiated contract as a new hire? Yes. And you'll probably feel it every year when the bid sheets come down and you don't land a FT driver bid. More noodles and late night or early morning work ahead!

Look on the bright side, though. They could have brought on some PT sup you don't like or one from a distant land as the outside hire instead of your former helper.

ManInBrown

I'm sure he's a good driver. I was too. He worked as a driver for 3-4 weeks tops. I was there 7 months and did everything I was told
You could work 1 year as a seasonal which isn't possible but just to make a point. You could work one year. Another casual could work 3 days and that driver could be hired first. How long you worked means absolutely nothing. It's who they like the best

El Correcto

god is dead
I prefer being taken out to shop and then to dinner. I have a fetish for Italian loafers and micro suede fur lined coats. I also like cheese cake factory their mojito are good and they have a wide selection of food for any appetite. Brunch isn't bad either.