My driver helper got a job before me!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Newguy351, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Newguy351

Newguy351 New Member

I started last year as a peak driver. During the winter they had a helper come on my truck to run packages for me. He started in Nov/Dec. and he ended up driving for a few weeks.

I did a good job last year and the managers called me to come back 6/6 (I worked the unload during off peak)

To my amazement when I came back last week I saw him and he told me they kept him on as a permanent hire. Is this the type of stuff I should get used to??? Absolutely Amazing!

2. Clock Sucker

Clock Sucker I handle a lot of packages

Maybe he was a better driver than you?

3. Newguy351

Newguy351 New Member

I'm sure he's a good driver. I was too. He worked as a driver for 3-4 weeks tops. I was there 7 months and did everything I was told

4. Clock Sucker

Clock Sucker I handle a lot of packages

You were a seasonal driver for 7 months? I don't think that's possible

5. Very possible. I was told to expect to work the summer season and stay on through winter peak

6. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. Box Ox

Box Ox Camacho for President!

Said he started last peak. Not possible. But you're right about the time frame.

8. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

If he was an off-the-street hire, there isn't much you can do.
    Just keep doing what you're doing.
    The only time it screws you is if he takes the last vacation week you wanted or bid a route that you liked.

9. Box Ox

Box Ox Camacho for President!

Disappointments that are within the bounds of your union-negotiated contract as a new hire? Yes. And you'll probably feel it every year when the bid sheets come down and you don't land a FT driver bid. More noodles and late night or early morning work ahead!

Look on the bright side, though. They could have brought on some PT sup you don't like or one from a distant land as the outside hire instead of your former helper.

10. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Damn, you brought the real stuff out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. No trust me you still get treated poorly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

Which do you like better?

13. Getting treated good?

14. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

So you don't mind in your words
    Licking buttholes or sucking weenie?
    Whatever floats your boat

15. You sound curious:o

16. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

No Iam good just nosy

17. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

You could work 1 year as a seasonal which isn't possible but just to make a point. You could work one year. Another casual could work 3 days and that driver could be hired first. How long you worked means absolutely nothing. It's who they like the best

18. I prefer being taken out to shop and then to dinner. I have a fetish for Italian loafers and micro suede fur lined coats. I also like cheese cake factory their mojito are good and they have a wide selection of food for any appetite. Brunch isn't bad either.

19. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

My driver helper got a job before me!

Uhh! That's got to suck!

20. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

What's even less believable is his claim that his helper jumped for a few weeks and then became a driver during Peak.