My driver helper thoughts so far.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by YoshiGreen, Dec 6, 2014.

1. YoshiGreen

YoshiGreen Member

Worked 3 days in a row this week, about 17 hours or so. Called me Tuesday and didn't need me but asked me if I could do another nearby town and I said yes. Worked Wes-Fri. Late morning to mid afternoon or so. Pretty interesting experience. Thank god I got good workboots. Only bad thing is if I have to take a #1 I have to wait until one of our last stops for me to use the restroom or I could take a #1 in a bottle in the back and toss out on the street lol. Thankfully I only had to go once on Thursday and I was able to wait.

I didn't get paid for orientation yet. Would that be added on my first paycheck (my driver said I would get paid next Friday)? And I'm guessing I might be getting more hours since he called me directly the pass 3 days to work?
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Paychecks are always one week behind so your orientation check is probably sitting in a drawer at the center. Ask you driver if he/she can bring it to you on Monday.

It sounds as though you will be working every day at least through 12/24.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. YoshiGreen

YoshiGreen Member

Yeah, it sounds like it. I tried to make a good impression and we get along pretty good. We meet at the same time and place the past few days and we both have a sense of humor so it's interesting working with him.
  4. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

5. YoshiGreen

YoshiGreen Member

The Collegiate

Would fit me since it's my final semester. The driver and I was laughing the other day because his colleague has a helper that screams WATCH OUT every time they on the side of the road and a car goes around. His buddy said "I'm going to toss him out the F'ing truck!". We had a good laugh for a good 2 minutes.
  6. TheTruthOfBrown

TheTruthOfBrown New Member

The good helpers work the first week of January.
  7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We rarely use helpers beyond 12/24 in my center.
  8. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

We also do #2's in a bottle. Just make sure you get a wide mouth bottle or it gets interesting.
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. box_beeyotch

box_beeyotch Well-Known Member

That's what they give us DR bags for buddy.
  10. sailfish

sailfish Well-Known Member

Yep. Stretch one right across a tote and you're good to go. Then you can tie it shut and throw it to distract the aggressive dogs at your next stop.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  11. TheNewKid

TheNewKid Member

I'm a seasonal helper and I work through January 18th ^_^
  12. GillEagan

GillEagan I always look 10 years younger than I am.

Are you sure you don't mean #1. Last time I checked, #2 was something you wouldn't want to do in a bottle.
  13. GillEagan

GillEagan I always look 10 years younger than I am.

For me it's supposed to end on Dec 31st. Last year it was Jan 15th. However I only worked til Jan 8th.
  14. laffter

laffter Active Member

I do #3 on the parcels sometimes.
  15. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Number 2. It's a lot easier with a bottle when you have the helper back there spotting for you.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Hahahaha! My snots flew out of my nose on that one
  17. YoshiGreen

YoshiGreen Member

Finished my 2nd week, quite interesting. My driver is a cool guy. we really haul :censored2: on the boxes. Had 19.5 hours this week. Today, I got picked up and went to our first stop. My driver realized there was no sheets for me so he called someone up and got told I wasn't suppose to be working. So I helped him with the stop anyhow and I got dropped back off. Was kind of funny in a way. But then I got my pay check and nope, no 2 hour orientation on it so I was a bit upset about that. My driver said he would take of it so hopefully it's on my 2nd paycheck when I get it next Friday.
  18. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

Sounds like they did a #1 on you. :(

Sent using a Potato
  19. YoshiGreen

YoshiGreen Member

What is a #1 Mr.Harry?
  20. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

It's what happens just before, (sometimes during) #2. Hope that helps.

Sent using a Potato