My gripe of the day

Slick silver

I swear all motorist should go through a remedial driving course every few years. I watch so many people while I'm driving do so many stupid things. The one that irritates me the most, is when people try and stop traffic to let us out. I know they are being courteous, but when they don't pay attention to the turn signal and see that I'm actually trying to turn left, then watch my opportunity to turn fade away and have to wait all over again. I had two people today do that and they both almost got rear ended in the process.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Whenever I have someone stop in traffic, flash their lights and wave for me to turn, I will sit there until they figure out that it is their turn to go.

My pet peeve are those idiots who drive with their dog on their lap.

whenIgetthere

Main road on my route is a divided ten lane road. Drives me nuts when people will wait till all five lanes are clear before they turn right, and most of the time, they stay in the right lane when they pull out.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
People that don't use turn signals; they know what the hell they are going to do, but no one else does.
Corvettes are notorious for this. I have never in my life seen a Vette signal for a lane change or turn. Do Vettes not come with turn signals?....or are their drivers simply exempt from having to signal their intention to turn, as to do so would likely diminish their cool factor?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Corvettes are notorious for this. I have never in my life seen a Vette signal for a lane change or turn. Do Vettes not come with turn signals?....or are their drivers simply exempt from having to signal their intention to turn, as to do so would likely diminish their cool factor?
It's shocking how many high end cars have defective turn signals.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's shocking how many high end cars have defective turn signals.
We experienced a strange phenomenon. Driving north to the border of Oregon.....Cali drivers are notorious for no blinkers.....when we crossed the Oregon border, everyone used their blinkers.
Ohio-trained, so we always use the turn signal

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We experienced a strange phenomenon. Driving north to the border of Oregon.....Cali drivers are notorious for no blinkers.....when we crossed the Oregon border, everyone used their blinkers.
Ohio-trained, so we always use the turn signal
Where I am, no one wants to use their turn signals merging or changing lanes because people will speed up and won't let you in. You have to use the element of surprise.