My holiday settlement...

gixxer squid

We are kicking ass here in California. Last two weeks settlements have been $3000.00 more than usual each week. I almost feel like I am taking advantage of X until I see my payroll, yep, $4000.00 more in payroll last two weeks sending the crew out on Saturdays to do there 30-45 stops if they are lucky so Monday won't be as harsh. Its an effing joke.....

We have been over our surge (ISP Lingo) stops almost everyday. Another contractor is 200-300 over his surge and he cherry picks his stops and leaves the crap of the crap to the terminal scabs to deliver. Darn smart :biggrin:

For those of you having to rent trucks, I so feel your pain. You are having your :censored2: handed to you yet the local labor line up is now at 11.00 per stop up from 10. They line up every morning. Its a Barnum and Bailey daily circus show.

IMG_9820.jpg

gixxer squid

I guess this is Fedex's plan. Hire any and everyone if they have a car yet we have to wait 2-3 weeks and go through their rigorous hiring process. I hope I live long enough to see these x rats rot.

BoxStomper69

Goldmember
Whenever we have a brand new, licensed truck with decals, it has to sit for what seems like forever until Pittsburgh approves it through pictures. These guys can bring their own vehicles.

bacha29

Squid's right. What happened to all of the rigid controls that X insists it must inflict on so called 'independent contractors"? They suddenly go among the missing, replaced with a new catch phrase,"cartage agents". It's good to see that it's costing them a fortune but if only they had given it to the IC/ISP in the first place those guys would have had some money available to put in place some extra capacity. They trip over dollars to pick up pennies.

STFXG

Cartage agents aren't much different than temps. Temps aren't fedex employees. They work for the temp agency, they are just paid hourly instead of per package.

gixxer squid

Squid's right. What happened to all of the rigid controls that X insists it must inflict on so called 'independent contractors"? They suddenly go among the missing, replaced with a new catch phrase,"cartage agents". It's good to see that it's costing them a fortune but if only they had given it to the IC/ISP in the first place those guys would have had some money available to put in place some extra capacity. They trip over dollars to pick up pennies.
Couldn't have said it better myself

gixxer squid

so your upset at sub contracted workers?
Not at all. I am upset they are paid triple to quadruple what I am paid and the are not held to the same standards that my feet are. Simple ss that. I am expected to increase payroll and bring less revenue in while tom, Dick and Harry show up in Sanford and sons cars having fistfuls of dollars thrown at them to do what X wants to skimp on with contractors .....

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Not at all. I am upset they are paid triple to quadruple what I am paid and the are not held to the same standards that my feet are. Simple ss that. I am expected to increase payroll and bring less revenue in while tom, Dick and Harry show up in Sanford and sons cars having fistfuls of dollars thrown at them to do what X wants to skimp on with contractors .....
sounds like they do have the cash to throw around. might make a good bargaining chip next time you sit down with x when you renegotiate your contract.

oldrps

sounds like they do have the cash to throw around. might make a good bargaining chip next time you sit down with x when you renegotiate your contract.

You are not thinking like FedEx. They will use this against you when you negotiate your contract saying they lost money to get the packages delivered that you couldn't handle.

Artee

Maybe next year you get a couple beater cars and hire a couple scabs to drive for you. Pay them $3 a stop and you pocket the $7-8 difference. You could be a ground and scab contractor.

bacha29

Squid: Do you know if those ( cough cough) " cartage agents" has medical cards.? Even if you are hired through a temp agency you have to have a med card to haul FXG owned packages and under FXG operating authorityBy the looks of things I don't think they are doing either.

gixxer squid

Squid: Do you know if those ( cough cough) " cartage agents" has medical cards.? Even if you are hired through a temp agency you have to have a med card to haul FXG owned packages and under FXG operating authorityBy the looks of things I don't think they are doing either.

Oh hell no. I have seen a few bigger than fat bastard. Lol. Not on your life have medical cards. They have simply disregarded there own rules like government

gixxer squid

You are not thinking like FedEx. They will use this against you when you negotiate your contract saying they lost money to get the packages delivered that you couldn't handle.

Precisely what will happen. We will be blamed for not being prepared.

You don't think we have been trying to get drivers approved in October and November for peak. No candidate looking for a job and needing money is going to wait for 2-3 week process. How many guys we eventually got approved and we call to hire them and they already found another job. It's sickening

bacha29

Squid: Remember X is a company that believes that the law doesn't apply to them. They may get fined or something like that but even if fined getting them to pay it will be like getting blood from a rock. The misery when it comes to finding approving and training people is system wide and like you said you go to the expense of getting them set up and then poof they're gone leaving you to start all over again trying to find somebody interested is challenging enough but among those few half or more don't meet X's standards including these so called "cartage agents". I bet that two thirds of them wouldn't meet those requirements but oh now all of a sudden they are fully qualified .