My holiday settlement...

STFXG

Oh hell no. I have seen a few bigger than fat bastard. Lol. Not on your life have medical cards. They have simply disregarded there own rules like government
If they are driving vehicles under 10k gvw they don't need medical cards. For us that's contractual, not legally required.

bacha29

Thank you STFXG. So contractor people have to have a card including the seasonal people they employ but not the so called "cartage agents". Is that correct?

serco

I would get one of them agent scabs name and number. Pay them to come in after peak and get them qualified as a driver for me. See if x can qualify them. It might get really interesting at negotiations or when you need a lawyer.

Bounty

Best advice for every contractor is sell, so you can enjoy October-December once again. This is the worst company in the world, let's just hope one day their greed catches up with them.

bacha29

I understand completely Squid. You will never find a single alcoholic among those highly qualified "cartage agents" but a large number of them may be "sobriety challenged'. And not a single one of them has or ever will come in to work drunk. They're just
"comfortably numb". Given that you will be out on the road probably all weekend, all I can say is have a surviveable weekend.

bacha29

Squid: trying to get some money out of the endevor is all we can hope for and judging by the growing number of routes for sale on BizQuest and some have been there for a long time not to mention at reduced asking price, there are a lot of people thinking the same thing .

bacha29

What you may be seeing is the pretax net. Gross minus expenses less applicable taxes and you have to be in a highly attractive metro area concentrated stops and very low operating expenses.

fatboy33

What you may be seeing is the pretax net. Gross minus expenses less applicable taxes and you have to be in a highly attractive metro area concentrated stops and very low operating expenses.
Seems like some of these route are a money pit. No wonder so many are up for sale.

Crozz