My holiday settlement...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
:P:P:P
Since i don't pay myself. Very little. If I was on payroll. Sheet. We would be hemorrhaging

Remember. I am in it for the equity. Lol. If I survive that long

So, in other words, you're holding out for the day you can find someone who will pay you big bucks for your worthless routes?

oldrps

were any contractors saying no to the extra work?

In a way, Yes. The contractors are responsible to service a geographic territory, if there are packages left behind, a contractor did not take them. It is not "extra work", it is servicing all of the packages in their service area. The contract does not say to only service an area to a certain volume, then it is FedEx's responsibility. Contractor did not attempt delivery, thus FedEx had to step in.

It may come back to bite the contractor that did not service their area. Will FedEx do something about it during contract negotiations, time will tell.

gixxer squid

In a way, Yes. The contractors are responsible to service a geographic territory, if there are packages left behind, a contractor did not take them. It is not "extra work", it is servicing all of the packages in their service area. The contract does not say to only service an area to a certain volume, then it is FedEx's responsibility. Contractor did not attempt delivery, thus FedEx had to step in.

It may come back to bite the contractor that did not service their area. Will FedEx do something about it during contract negotiations, time will tell.

IF its ISP we have a threshold, any stops over your stop threshold you have a right to decline even though your zip code or service area. Many are doing it but you can bet its going to be raised to some ridiculous unattainable amount next cough cough, negotiation period for this epic failure.

We fought this one tooth and nail during negotiation and got no where. Our threshold is about 200 stops over what our daily average stop count for the year per day is. So go figure, you staff yourself tight so you can actually make a few more peanuts than usual and but your arse is hung open to dry for peak with the increased stop count. 200 business stops with sigs can't be done in our area with 1 person, requires 2 additional plus the trucks. With what we get paid, its impossible to staff properly or have helpers and make money during peak, its a loosing venture with only one entity cashing in on this cow. (IN MY AREA, this could be different in others....)

And the cash cow sure as heck aint my Corp. :greedy:

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
IF its ISP we have a threshold, any stops over your stop threshold you have a right to decline even though your zip code or service area. Many are doing it but you can bet its going to be raised to some ridiculous unattainable amount next cough cough, negotiation period for this epic failure.
Only Monday I had 125 service failures. Ran 95.1% service. Of course I was 45 stops above my threshold and didn't come close to tapping 85% so...;)

gixxer squid

Only Monday I had 125 service failures. Ran 95.1% service. Of course I was 45 stops above my threshold and didn't come close to tapping 85% so...;)

LOL :angel:

I guess if you were concerned on the service side you would have tossed those 45 extra stops out. You know, the TV's, the tires, the particle board cabinets, christmas trees..... LOL:rockon:

bbsam

Staff member
LOL :angel:

I guess if you were concerned on the service side you would have tossed those 45 extra stops out. You know, the TV's, the tires, the particle board cabinets, christmas trees..... LOL:rockon:
No. I don't hire more drivers, I average close to 200 extra stops a day during peak and surge money on for those 45 stops. In short, I'm making BANK!! We give up NOTHING.

gixxer squid

Heres 35 for you..... 4 rows clogging center isle
IMG_9918.jpg

gixxer squid

No. I don't hire more drivers, I average close to 200 extra stops a day during peak and surge money on for those 45 stops. In short, I'm making BANK!! We give up NOTHING.

We haven't either, even though over surge but we are kinda spread out in a few different areas so having everyone help each other doesn't work. We did have to get 2 helpers and another driver to ease the pain.

Bounty

What would they do? Terminate your contract on the spot?

The only way it flies if if you're over threshold. Otherwise they count as DNA's...which means not much at all[/
In all my time at x I never used code 27. I guess where you are you are rewarded with free routes for lousy service.

bacha29

Excellant points squid. They decide the threshold levels. While ISP has changed a little bit from the IC model but one thing remains the same. It's a contract that's dictated not negoiated and there is clearly a growing intolerance for it.