My last post here......

last week I posted about vacation pay and you guys told me I was not going to get paid for my vacation time now that year has come up...

I am just going to assume most of you are long time employees and have no idea about the new union agreement because it doesn't effect you. So I am done here because asking anything here would be pointless since most of you are years and years past.

helenofcalifornia

Yeah, I would rather watch Nascar myself. Though I usually get most of my questions answered in here and can find out in advance what the "two week plan" of UPS's is about one month before it hits out here. And now they are beginning to bash my boy Hoax!! Always something happening in here!

Sorry you are bummed by the answers you received. Not really understanding why you are so pissed. Later Dude.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
last week I posted about vacation pay and you guys told me I was not going to get paid for my vacation time now that year has come up...

I am just going to assume most of you are long time employees and have no idea about the new union agreement because it doesn't effect you. So I am done here because asking anything here would be pointless since most of you are years and years past.

I read the post you mention and I see a lot of folks tried to give you some input and be helpful, so I also do not see the point of your frustration with them. Your first source of info should always be your Sup on pay issues, followed by checking with your steward and co workers and BA.
BC is a tool in your kit and is not an excuse for not doing your own homework first.
You can't always get what u want, but if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need. - stones-
Peace bro.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Someone please pass me a Kleenex.

brownrodster

Not to mention that there are countless supplements to the contract around the country that affect how the contract works for each of us. Just because it works one way for me in my local doesn't mean your local supplement is the same. IE we don't all have the same contract.

Go find a new forum for your eloquent questions.

Goodbye,Farewell,So long,Vaya condios,Goodluck,Wish you well,Take it slow

Come back to see us now...ya hear?

P

pickup

You're right, go back to the your old plan of asking your supervisors and human resources department for the answers to your questions. I am sure that when their answers and the later reality don't match (as they didn't before), you'll be back here.

P

pickup

Tu duras bien de choses toi! Always wanted to say that. And since trplnkl was showing off by being multi lingual....

helen , the "tu duras bien" part I got, what the heck does "de choses toi" mean?
Especially "toi", I've never seen that before and I am 90% certain that "choses" doesn't exist in the spanish language as well>:surprised:

brett636

Someone please pass me a Kleenex.

Here ya go!

kleenex2.jpg

helenofcalifornia

En francais, Monsieur, en francais! If I remember my high school French, it means "you speak well of many things" or something like that. Why I took French when I should have been mastering Spanish is beyond me. Youth, so totally wasted on youngsters!

klein

Für Meno :)

Jaunary is the pay out (if you don`t take any vacation time this yr ).

And Feb.. is optional days payout.

steeltoe

We have no idea what region you are working in. In the southern region, you must work 156 reports the previous year to obtain full vacation benefits. If you work less than 156 reports, then it is a sliding scale of 1 day for every 40 reports, then after 1 year the employee gets the time off and pay.

So, if you are in the Southern region and started 9/17/08, you would have earned 1 day of paid vacation to be taken after your 1 year seniority date. that is assuming you did not take many days off in the time period between Sept and Dce of 08.

So, down here expect 1 day, and then in January of 2010 you will have 1 week. In 2011 you will earn the second week.