My least favorite thing about being a UPS driver

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Bad weather has to be at the top of the list.

Nothing worse than torrential rain all day where it's like you went swimming in your uniform. The other being sent out during a blizzard.
I'm in California so weather isn't too big of an issue..if it's dumping snow and you guys don't work do you get your 8 paid and not work or how does that go

JL 0513

I'm in California so weather isn't too big of an issue..if it's dumping snow and you guys don't work do you get your 8 paid and not work or how does that go

On rare occasions, a state of emergency is declared which means a travel ban. This happens on a day where you get like 3+ feet of snow (during the day) and blizzard conditions. This is the only time UPS calls the day off only because they are forced. We do not get paid. You have the option to put in your personal time for pay.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Being throw on a route at last minute after you've planned for another route and got your bag and stuff in the pc
I look forward to the day when I can show up 5 minutes before start time and bump some young buck off the car he got to work 30 minutes early to set up off the clock. It sounds like a D* move, but having someone do it to me really taught me a valuable lesson.

Needless to say, I don't go into work early anymore. Sitting in my car drinking coffee listening to the radio is my morning zen. Much better way to start the day than being a preloader for free.

asphaltcowboy

I look forward to the day when I can show up 5 minutes before start time and bump some young buck off the car he got to work 30 minutes early to set up off the clock. It sounds like a D* move, but having someone do it to me really taught me a valuable lesson.

Needless to say, I don't go into work early anymore. Sitting in my car drinking coffee listening to the radio is my morning zen. Much better way to start the day than being a preloader for free.

Well I've learned to set the car up on area and get paid for it pretty quick because of that. I just set all my stuff in the pc and look at the computer and shoot the bull until start time. One day I'll be in your shoes tho I've set plenty of loads up and got bumped. So no more of that

wayfair

swollen member
When I started driving, the driver whose route I covered would set the route up for me knowing he was going to have the day off.... those days are looong gone!!!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

File a grievance, working off the clock. Coffee tastes better at 50+ an hour

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Or as a PT driver, how about being on the hook all week long sometimes, being able to make no real plans, just to work on Saturday.
They don't want anyone to have a life outside of work here... Period. Life work balance is a frickin joke, you get on the 9.5 list and they throw an absolute conniption fit like the damn world is going to end....it's so unprofessional and downright pathetic imo.