My little piece of plane..

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Lobofan5, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Lobofan5

Lobofan5 New Member

Got my "gift" today. The supervisor that gave it to me was Very proud to say that UPS made 250,000 of them to give out.

I told him that UPS has over 400,000 employees so at least 150,000 are out of luck.

He seemed suprised by this info. I think I took a little joy out of his "gift-giving-speech"

I have spent the rest of the day trying to unlock the 'secret code' that will open the metal to reveal my "cash bonus" that I really wanted..

So far no luck...

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  2. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

I am now a part owner of a beautiful Boeing 727. Come fly with me.

3. Mystakilla

Mystakilla New Member

I literally was surprised to see it didnt have "Made In China" somewhere on it. I could not believe it!!! :lol:

4. Cezanne

Cezanne New Member

The missing 150,000 employees got fat stock bonuses, pass it along.:w00t:

5. Mystakilla

Mystakilla New Member

pfft....that wouldnt surprise me either! haha

6. Up_and_at_UPS

Up_and_at_UPS Coffee box sniffer

I did not get mine, most of the guys on my shift are part of the 150,000 that did not get one.

7. Homoudont

Homoudont New Member

Darn.. I didn't get one either..

8. I don't get it. Why is this an appropriate gift for a 100th anniversary?

9. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

"Don't get it" is right.

What a waste of time and money.

10. Fishbulb

Fishbulb Member

im still in shock that UPS took one of its vehicles out of service

11. hangin455

hangin455 Member

When the manager handed these out we were all speechless. After he left I heard a womam mutter "what the F%$# am 'sposed to do with this?"
    This was the general sentiment everywhere I saw. Who thinks up this stuff?:confused:1

12. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

"Incorrect sir. UPS was facing having to s-can an out of date airplane. With a little of that ole mgmt creativity it was transformed into a "gift" for all the employees which is now tax deductible.

Now say your sorry."

My God! You're right! No wonder I'm not in management! I never could have thought of that!

(I AM sorry!)

13. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

My guess is that the FAA took it out of service because the company has plenty of duct tape, chicken wire & WD40 that they use on the package cars.

14. tups

tups New Member

We had about 50 extras in our center. Wonder what they'd be worth on E-Bay??

15. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

I think the scrap price for aluminum is up. The Chinese are buying up scrap iron, copper and aluminum, keeping the price high.
    We will get it returned to us one way or another from them.
    PAX

16. TylerDurden

TylerDurden New Member

Believe me...you're not missing much. 100 years and all you get is a piece of metal that "allegedly" is from the first UPS aircraft. Yeah... right.

And I'm sure if you weld together all 250,000 pieces created you could rebuild the fuselage. :laugh:

17. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

What do you bet we will be taxed on it on our next paycheck just like the sales lead money we earn, the movie tickets we win for safety, etc.

18. dirty moose

dirty moose Member

you didn't look hard enough, look of the shrink wrap

19. Harley Rider

Harley Rider 30 yrs & counting

Mine went in the trash can as soon as they gave it to me.

20. romulus

romulus Monkey w/ a Gun

Just curious.... what would you all expect (reasonably here) as a gift for the 100 year celebration ?