My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, ANARCHISTS?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wkmac, Jun 23, 2013.

1. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

Who'd a thunk it!

The Glorious Triumph of Anarchy in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

2. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

Hmmmmm. Sounds like a certain messianic group in Israel 2000 years ago.... But I may be reading too much into it although it sounds like I'm not the only one.

3. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

Looking at the fruit of the historical tree, Jesus was right and thus a direct contradiction to your assertion.

4. bbsam

Incorrect. I was speaking very much about first century Christianity and the threat Jesus represented to both Rome and Jewish authority.

5. Upsmule

Upsmule Well-Known Member

Barabbas was more of a threat than Jesus was. Yet they released him. When they arrested Jesus, Peter tried to take a swipe at a soldier's head but only got an ear. Jesus rebuked Peter and healed the mans ear and willingly went with them.

Quite a threat?

6. bbsam

Jesus was a threat because of what the masses wanted him to be in conjunction with who and what he was. Israel was looking for a leader to overthrow Roman rule. While Barabas would have cherished the role, Jesus seemingly did not. Crucifying messiahs did not begin or end with Jesus. There was something different about Jesus, though, or else there would not be a world religion devoted to him. Surprising? Not really. Although Jesus sought a revolution, it was not against Rome or even the Jewish elders. Who posed the threat to racism in America? The Black Panthers or MLK Jr.? Wasn't it Ghandi's peaceful revolution that turned India? Why didn't Mandela call for the heads of Apartheid leaders but instead sought reconciliation? Those in power can easily put down armed insurrection with brutality. The peaceful revolutionaries pose a more difficult problem. They are a larger threat than the Barabases of the world.

7. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

8. ups hero

ups hero Member

I can't wait for the movie!! It should be out soon. The trailer for the movie is bad@$$!!