My new life!!!!

iamupser

Grease Monkey
sounds like your local really dropped the ball, i think working till 57 for UPS would literally destroy your body..

Hey, maybe UPS should try to get under the jurisdiction of the Railway Labor Act, and not trying to get FedEx under the National Labor Relations Act so there is uniformity....Oh wait...they did try that already!

UPSGUY72

What Paidover forgot to to tell you that he resigned only after getting fired for sheeting NDA Ni1 at 10:29 than delivering them at 10:36. Over the years he burned a lot of bridges and getting his job back was going to be real hard so instead of fighting he resigned and from what I heard a lot of his brother and sister didn't loose much sleep about it. He also left out the part that his wife brings home over well over $100,000 not counting bonuses.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

sounds like your local really dropped the ball, i think working till 57 for UPS would literally destroy your body..

Our pension fund was in in critical status. We were given 5 alternative schedules and the majority voted on a minimum retirement age of 55 with 30 years of service for a full pension. We are also diverting our split raises to the pension.

Leftinbuilding

What Paidover forgot to to tell you that he resigned only after getting fired for sheeting NDA Ni1 at 10:29 than delivering them at 10:36. Over the years he burned a lot of bridges and getting his job back was going to be real hard so instead of fighting he resigned and from what I heard a lot of his brother and sister didn't loose much sleep about it. He also left out the part that his wife brings home over well over $100,000 not counting bonuses.

In my 35+ years at UPS, I've found that very few of the better drivers quit in a huff. There is usually a pattern of bucking the system at EVERY opportunity. And the other drivers are usually glad to see them go because they rarely pull their weight. The attitude of this OP made me suspicious. You confirmed it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
In my 35+ years at UPS, I've found that very few of the better drivers quit in a huff. There is usually a pattern of bucking the system at EVERY opportunity. And the other drivers are usually glad to see them go because they rarely pull their weight. The attitude of this OP made me suspicious. You confirmed it.
I agree but in the last Year or so everything has been thrown out the window...it's a new world...

Johney

I could be wrong but I think UPSGUY was being sarcastic.

klein

Für Meno :)
LIke NI1 hasn't happened to anyone on here, just to find out the resident was late to open up the house door, or just got back home !
That's a firing reason ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

LIke NI1 hasn't happened to anyone on here, just to find out the resident was late to open up the house door, or just got back home !
That's a firing reason ?

NI1 at 1029 would be fine if the driver is at the delivery address. A driver would not resign over a NI1 at 1029 unless it was a clear cut case of falsification.

klein

I delivered to Cul de Sacks, once I turned around to exit, the homeowner was home..... what would you do ? Deliver or keep it on the truck ?
(and please keep in mind, no more then 5 send agains per day) !

tourists24

I delivered to Cul de Sacks, once I turned around to exit, the homeowner was home..... what would you do ? Deliver or keep it on the truck ?
(and please keep in mind, no more then 5 send agains per day) !
You deliver as per the methods. You sheet the package up when you attempt the delivery whether its late or not

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
That's a firing reason ?

They were 7 minutes late to open the door? If he sheeted it NI1 @ 1029 and then delivered it at 1036 he was trying to cheat the system. If you attempt a NDA at 1025 and the consignee is NI, then you are in the same area later that day and you reattempt it at, lets say 330 then its totally different.

Its not really hard to figure that out

klein

They were 7 minutes late to open the door? If he sheeted it NI1 @ 1029 and then delivered it at 1036 he was trying to cheat the system. If you attempt a NDA at 1025 and the consignee is NI, then you are in the same area later that day and you reattempt it at, lets say 330 then its totally different.

Its not really hard to figure that out

I suppose you are unaware of "Cul de Sacks" they are residential homes/streets, that have no exit.... You must turn around to get back on the main road.
Now, why can't it be, that once he was on his way out of there, a resident came home or even stopped him ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

First of all, unless it was signature required, I would have DR'd on first attempt. But, if it did need an autograph, the NI1 at 1029 would be legitimate and, yes, I would reattempt.

If I had to bet I would say paidover falsified the delivery to beat the 1030 commit and then "reattempted" and completed the delivery at 1036. While I am not condoning this, all he had to do was scan the pkg before 1030 and then complete the delivery when he was at the address. The time stamp on the scan would show an on time delivery unless he prerecorded the package. Prerecording the pkg removes the time stamp.

Late air is not tolerated but at least you keep your job.

klein

True, could have kept it as is, and have UPS pay for non-commentment.
Can only do as is possible.
Late air, no big deal, it's the centers problem, and should never be hung towards the driver if it's impossible to do.

UPSGUY72

The problem is that he wasn't even close to the address when he sheeted it Ni1. He sheeted that way to make it not late. In the old days this was tolerated, it isn't any more. Either is holding a stop in the Diad and then driving to the stop so it isn't late. FED EX is in trouble for sheeting late air packages so as they don't have to refund the customer to the sum of more than $60 million.

I find it a lot easier to explain why I had late air ( to much, traffic, etc) than the explain why I falsified a stop. These day they know exactly where you are when you sheet each package you are not going to get away with anything as drivers did in the past. Both the DIAD and Package car have GPS technology BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING.

I know that the SUP I went out with two days last week delivery in the tornado destroyed area said that he wasn't getting his job back without a fight when I brought up the fact that he resigned.