My option day... Right?

Packmule

Here, FT goes by seniority up until 8 days out. At 8 days, mgt must approve lower guy requesting if no higher seniority person also requested. Once option day is approved, it cannot be taken away for any reason. And again, mgt must approve a certain number of drivers per day. Here it is 2.

Kis124

Our optional days most always get approved unless we don't have any days left. Then we just let them know we won't be in that day and usually they are ok with that. We get 5 sick and 5 optional days. If we don't use them, cash out in December..at a really high tax rate. Not worth it to save

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSGUY72

As I say if you need a day book off. If you want a day go ahead and ask however if you ask and then book off you might look like a a hole.

If I need a day and don't forget to ask a week in advance I will ask for it off if they tell me they can't put my name on the board and give it to me because they already have to many senior people taking the day I just tell them I will be calling in. They usually tell my do what you have to and thanks for giving me the heads up I just can't put your name on the board it would sent a bad precedent.

If I need a day and I forget to tell them a week ahead of time I just book off.

Also in my area when you book off or are giving a day you can tell them how you want to be paid (sick or personal day) or if you Don't want to be paid for that day.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We have to put in for optionals 1 week in advance and it's granted based on seniority. Contractually they have 2 days to deny the request if they're going to deny it and they can't deny it just because of staffing. If someone else didn't put in for it, they have to give it to you.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
If you chose 3 as your option, and you have the days available, I don't see that you would have a problem. sometimes I'd say I'm taking off such and such a day. I'm telling you ahead of time as a courtesy. If you've already requested off and they denied it, if you called in sick they might demand you bring in proof from a dr. I used to just call and say I've got some personal family business to take care of, and I'm an option 3. (click)

Overpaid Union Thug

Here, FT goes by seniority up until 8 days out. At 8 days, mgt must approve lower guy requesting if no higher seniority person also requested. Once option day is approved, it cannot be taken away for any reason. And again, mgt must approve a certain number of drivers per day. Here it is 2.
Same here. I've requested one 7 days out and gotten approved only to have our manager call me the morning of the day off to ask me if I could come in because so and so was throwing a fit because they wanted the day. It was a guy with more seniority (much much more) than me that waited until the Friday morning I had off to decide he wanted the day. Really? He thought that was going to fly? Anyway.....it was all for not.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If you chose 3 as your option, and you have the days available, I don't see that you would have a problem. sometimes I'd say I'm taking off such and such a day. I'm telling you ahead of time as a courtesy. If you've already requested off and they denied it, if you called in sick they might demand you bring in proof from a dr. I used to just call and say I've got some personal family business to take care of, and I'm an option 3. (click)
Can they demand a dr note wjen you're only out for one day?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Southern supplement you just call in 2 hours before and say "this is _____. I'm going option 3." Then hang up.
I'm under the southern supplement and they want 7 days in advance:
Article 60 Section 1(B)
"Any employee desiring a personal holiday will make a request in writing on a form furnished by the Employer. Such a request must be submitted no later than the start
of his/her shift on the seventh (7th) calendar day preceding the day requested.

If you don't want no for an answer don't ask permission, just call in sick.

OPTION3

Same here. I've requested one 7 days out and gotten approved only to have our manager call me the morning of the day off to ask me if I could come in because so and so was throwing a fit because they wanted the day. It was a guy with more seniority (much much more) than me that waited until the Friday morning I had off to decide he wanted the day. Really? He thought that was going to fly? Anyway.....it was all for not.
Contract says if called back to work....all hours are time and a half---or is it DOUBLE time....FILE...FILE...FILE

OPTION3

I'm under the southern supplement and they want 7 days in advance:
Article 60 Section 1(B)
"Any employee desiring a personal holiday will make a request in writing on a form furnished by the Employer. Such a request must be submitted no later than the start
of his/her shift on the seventh (7th) calendar day preceding the day requested.

If you don't want no for an answer don't ask permission, just call in sick.
Personal holiday and option day are different

OPTION3

Also people need to take the slant that option days are paid days....after I used SEVEN option days(which would have been vacation days,mandatorily taken) the first day I call in is a warning letter?...poppycock....let that one go to an arbitrator.....LEAD PIPE cinch...FULL reinstatement WITH BACKPAY

OPTION3

RT 60 sec (c)--Option 3
An Employee may elect to take seven(7) days in one day increments. These days will be paid for for the first seven(7) days the employee does not work each calendar year......etc...etc-----Thats the first seven days you are out

Johney

Let's say that after being denied the optional day he does call in sick. You don't think they will give him a hard time Tuesday morning?

Resident know-it-all.
Maybe, but he'll have the 18th off. Any day I really need or want off I just don't give them the chance to deny it just call that day "this is Johney I won't be in today". Depending on my mood I may let them dish out their mumbo jumbo about how UPS will have to shut down because I'm not there.

OPTION3

Article 60 sec 1(b) personal holidays...all seniority employees will receive one (1) personal holiday each calendar year. They are different than option3 days