My option day... Right?

OPTION3

Maybe, but he'll have the 18th off. Any day I really need or want off I just don't give them the chance to deny it just call that day "this is Johney I won't be in today". Depending on my mood I may let them dish out their mumbo jumbo about how UPS will have to shut down because I'm not there.
EXACTLY...we are all pieces of crap EVERYDAY......EXCEPT the day you call in

OPTION3

Same here. I've requested one 7 days out and gotten approved only to have our manager call me the morning of the day off to ask me if I could come in because so and so was throwing a fit because they wanted the day. It was a guy with more seniority (much much more) than me that waited until the Friday morning I had off to decide he wanted the day. Really? He thought that was going to fly? Anyway.....it was all for not.
If they demand a doctors note to return to work.....they must pay for the doctor...have them set it up.....they will back peddle REAL quick

OPTION3

What Is an option 3 day?
Article 60 sec(b) of southern supplement.....You can divide your option week into 1 of 3 options...1) take 5 consecutive days off with pay.....option 2) take 7 days extra pay---58 hours.....option 3) take seven paid days in one day increments---just a short paraphrase of the whole section

OPTION3

Our current management REALLY hates option3....They can’t give little backdoor dealers like UPSTATE the days they want when guys are BANGIN’ in. It’s why guys like him HATE the contract and union...and use everything from fear tactics to misinformation to divide and conquer tactics to get what they want....it’s sad really I pity them

OPTION3

I want those! 2018
If you don’t have it now....Idoubt you will get it....The company DETESTS them (option 3 days)---note my name...I’ve been through some SERIOUS crap(won through the grievance procedure) (what Upstate calls HIDING behind the contract) so I know what I’m talking about. That is one of the most IMPOTENT arguments BALL-WASHERS have,,,,,,and its CRAP

Last edited:

OPTION3

I think the option3 section was one of the first times we actually got GREAT language in our supplement during my 28 years as a teamster......usually we take it in the wazoo...like our air driver language

JL 0513

Gotta love it. The company provides personal and sick days but gives you hell for taking them, like so many companies really. It's why a majority of Americans don't take all their time as they are given guilt trips. It's unhealthy.

Staffing should be set up as such to assume a few call outs and personal days everyday.

O

OLDMAN3

If you chose 3 as your option, and you have the days available, I don't see that you would have a problem. sometimes I'd say I'm taking off such and such a day. I'm telling you ahead of time as a courtesy. If you've already requested off and they denied it, if you called in sick they might demand you bring in proof from a dr. I used to just call and say I've got some personal family business to take care of, and I'm an option 3. (click)
We don't have an "option 3" here. When they demanded that I bring in proof of my illness (actually had the flu for 2 days), I called the Union hall and they told he center manager to back off. UPS could only require a doctor's note after 3 consecutive days off and then it would be on UPS's dime, and only to clear me for work-NOT to prove I was sick in the first place. Needless to say they dropped their demand for "proof" from a doctor.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I bet they regret option 3 down here. 1 hour notice. Take off for any reason. Bad weather might roll in, half a dozen drivers call in. They can't say a word about it. Had an on road sup tell me they hated that part of the contract.

Climbingtheladder

Ju
Last Thursday 9/8 I requested 9/18 off (option 3) it's the first day of school here and my kids are young and I want to be there. Full time sup says he'll see? Well I've been on vacation this week 9/10-9/16. So I get a TEXT yesterday 9/15 letting me know my option day for the 18th was denied, to many people taking that day off. Now, I've been with ups for almost 10yrs, 5yrs doing reload and a little over 4 now doing preload. So just to be clear, since when do I need approval for an option day?? My Option days are MY option.. Right?

Just call in then one hour before star time. What will happen ? A warning letter ? How terrible .

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Article 60 sec(b) of southern supplement.....You can divide your option week into 1 of 3 options...1) take 5 consecutive days off with pay.....option 2) take 7 days extra pay---58 hours.....option 3) take seven paid days in one day increments---just a short paraphrase of the whole section
So basically you can break up your option week and turn it into 7 sick days?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
So if you're sick and need an unscheduled day off....you have to take an unpaid day?
Yeah if you don't have sick days remaining, they are unpaid. Here it's 5 sick, 3 optn for the year. Also, we can lump five of the ten paid holidays into a vacation week. I'm looking forward to six weeks of vacation in 2016.

For substituting the days, that depends upon how well one gets along with their management team! :)

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yeah if you don't have sick days remaining, they are unpaid. Here it's 5 sick, 3 optn for the year. Also, we can lump five of the ten paid holidays into a vacation week. I'm looking forward to six weeks of vacation in 2016.

For substituting the days, that depends upon how well one gets along with their management team! :)
You can lump your holidays for an extra week off? Sweet! Not in my local....it's just here are your days....use em or lose them. Nothing can be rolled over except one week of vacation.