My option day... Right?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You can lump your holidays for an extra week off? Sweet! Not in my local....it's just here are your days....use em or lose them. Nothing can be rolled over except one week of vacation.
Yeah, that's more like how it was here pre-2007, but we couldn't and can't roll anything over like you can. Now there's options galore..worth bringing up at a contract proposal, I think.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yeah, that's more like how it was here pre-2007, but we couldn't and can't roll anything over like you can. Now there's options galore..worth bringing up at a contract proposal, I think.
Definitely...I like the idea of an extra week off...do you just get to pick the week or does it have to be approved by management? The only time I remember getting 2 extra days off was a few years back...when Christmas Day and New years day fell on a weekend.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Definitely...I like the idea of an extra week off...do you just get to pick the week or does it have to be approved by management? The only time I remember getting 2 extra days off was a few years back...when Christmas Day and New years day fell on a weekend.
I made an error, LOL. What I said was shot down at the proposal. Here, we can now split one week up into five single days. Oops!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our optional days most always get approved unless we don't have any days left. Then we just let them know we won't be in that day and usually they are ok with that. We get 5 sick and 5 optional days. If we don't use them, cash out in December..at a really high tax rate. Not worth it to save.

This is a myth that is simply not true------they are taxed the same as your regular paycheck.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Also in my area when you book off or are giving a day you can tell them how you want to be paid (sick or personal day) or if you Don't want to be paid for that day.

This is the way we used to do it here as well. Our new center manager has changed the policy to where you must use all of your paid days first before taking "dead days". I applaud this change as we have had issues in the past with drivers who constantly take dead days being given a paid day off ahead of someone who only uses their paid days.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
This is the way we used to do it here as well. Our new center manager has changed the policy to where you must use all of your paid days first before taking "dead days". I applaud this change as we have had issues in the past with drivers who constantly take dead days being given a paid day off ahead of someone who only uses their paid days.

If they're calling people because they are over their planned numbers looking to get rid of people they cannot force you to use your time before a dead day as they are soliciting it and they are supposed to do it by seniority. I don't know why you guys allow your center manager to make all his own rules up there like different start times every day for drivers and random local policies.

In New England the union doesn't like us to use dead days though because it screws both the pension fund and the health and welfare fund out of company contributions. We still have several people out on dead days everyday anyway (who usually have time left to use) and they break seniority everyday.

When I was a cover guy they would call a bid route guy with only about 10 years in and offer him a dead day at least 3 times a week instead of calling the 30+ year people because they knew he'd always say yes and because they would rather put me on the route instead of him because he supposedly was milkin' it. I would coast through the day taking my time and shooting the :censored2: with the customers and still be in two hours earlier than him. They started referring to it as my route because I ran his route more than he did. My wife would freak out if I ever took half the week off like him.

OPTION3

Someone Back-doored YOU? Now thats funny!