My Peak Ended 12/3

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Tuesday will be 11 weeks out. It has not been easy or much fun. But I do have a wonderful contractor and he's chomping at the bit to get me back in a truck.

Frequently I question myself about my age(47) and the reality of my shelf life... Especially with a leg fortified by titanium now. I have enough mobility to actually drive my car to the bank and I had the rented hospital bed and wheelchair hauled away this week.

But I have had more than enough spare time to reflect during all of this and I arrive at the same spot. I really like what I do. And for a lowly "ground" box monkey I was actually overwhelmed by the amount of well wishes, texts, get well cards, and phone calls from my pickup and delivery customers.

Taking pride in what you do makes a world of difference.

I really didn't stay with this career fork for wealth, but more so for the satisfaction of knowing I worked as hard as I could, and I did my best to represent myself as a professional. People recognize this, and when I am ready to move on I'm not without options.

Something to think about...

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Pride means a lot and I'm sure your customers certainly recognized it. Unfortunately in Fred's world it's all pretty much gone by the wayside since he's not only thrown us under the bus but the customers as well. We used to serve a nice T-bone steak but now Fred thinks they'll settle for soy burgers.

If you have the opportunity to get out of this cesspool, do so. It'll never get any better.

Sent using BrownCafe App