my pockets got hit big time

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by newbie2015, Jan 28, 2016.

1. newbie2015

newbie2015 New Member

I have just turned Full time on this past Tuesday but my seniority date is Dec. 22, and i notice a conflict in pay being that my pay dropped. Does your pay suppose to drop once ft or does it stay the same?
  2. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

It should have been red circled at current rate unless the top rate for position is less than previous PT rate.
  3. Mst3k

Mst3k Member

Pay details, before and after. What job did yo use to do vs what you are doing now.
  4. newbie2015

newbie2015 New Member

part time driver/cv to full time driver (inside move up)
    29 hr
    18 hr
  5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

TCD? You should have been red circled at 29.
  6. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

Gotta love it when HR and payroll makes "mistakes" like this.
  7. upschuck

Don't have those in my area, I think those have some funny things, but talk to your steward and management about the discrepancies. You should be at least at $29, and maybe even top rate, since you already went through driving progression once.(not really sure about that, though)
  8. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

Talk to your steward.
    Management will tell you anything they think you are stupid enough to believe. Trust me.
  9. Mr Shifter

Mr Shifter Active Member

You'd have to have 30 working days within a 120 day period. Outside of the peak season.
  10. newbie2015

newbie2015 New Member

i will be contacting my steward in the am because this is the wrong time for this to be happening and the thing about it myself and another drive went ft and the same time and both of our checks are messed up
  11. Genesis2

Genesis2 New Member

Hello guys I'm pt right now and working towards my 30 after tomorrow I will 26 days to go. My question is will I get a raise this year when everyone else does, I work the AM shift preloading?
  12. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

When you were reclassified as FT something got screwed up between HR and payroll. You should be at the $29 rate. Talk to your sup tomorrow. If you don't hear anything, go for the grievance.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  13. upschuck

You get raises on your anniversary date until you hit your 4 yr mark, then you get the Aug/Feb raises.
  14. Genesis2

Genesis2 New Member

Ok thanks!... So I will earn a vacation next year right, I work all of this year with no vacation?
  15. AirOnTrace

AirOnTrace Allergic to cardboard.

This is probably the answer to your question. When several of us were hired up from TCD a few years ago, a couple of guys did not have enough punches as a TCD to get red circled at the TCD rate. Those guys dropped in pay to the $18 whatever rate.
  16. newbie2015

newbie2015 New Member

I see what you are saying but how my check from last week be affected if it became official i made ft this week. I would look for my check next week to be screwed considering Tuesday everything swapped. not this week
  17. DOK

DOK Active Member

Not sure how that happens. If a cv driver goes fulltime during his progression his/her pay rate is unaffected, at least here anyway. If this is a supplement issue get it fixed next contract time, no one should have their pay rate dropped when getting promoted to fulltime.
  18. newbie2015

newbie2015 New Member

progression meaning 30 days i have been through that 2yrs ago. i have gotten every raise. to put this into perspective the last 3 cv that went ft in my building did not drop at all they stay at same rate. then her come myself and the other guy we get dropped something just not adding up in our books. looks like ill have to look for a 2nd job if this is all right .
  19. wooferjay

wooferjay Member

This happened to a guy at my building. They screwed up and had to pay him back pay. They hoped he didn't know. We let him know though.
  20. 35years

35years Active Member

Sorry, I posted a mean comment.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016