My poor pop would be rolling in his grave!

CharleyHustle

I don't see another strike in the future, but I guess it is always a possibility. My take on ORION is that it is not to get replacement drivers up to speed, but instead it is a pre-precursor to when the delivery trucks are driven autonomously.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't see another strike in the future, but I guess it is always a possibility. My take on ORION is that it is not to get replacement drivers up to speed, but instead it is a pre-precursor to when the delivery trucks are driven autonomously.

Orion 2.0 will allow anyone with minimal training to grab a DIAD and deliver a reduced dispatch in an acceptable manner.

CharleyHustle

I agree, but when that day comes the company with the most data collected to service all the different commitments will have a leg up. I think we could see autonomous feeder runs in a few years.

dudebro

I agree, but when that day comes the company with the most data collected to service all the different commitments will have a leg up. I think we could see autonomous feeder runs in a few years.
Autonomous feeder shifting is first. no liability on your own property

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Orion 2.0 will allow anyone with minimal training to grab a DIAD and deliver a reduced dispatch in an acceptable manner.

And what basis do you bring this observation ? Are you on the Orion design team now?

If the new kids can't learn on Orion now with "minimal training" then 2.0 isn't going to be so advanced that it changes that.