My preloader.

tre305

You being on the clock, as a preloader, severely axes preload PPH, adds to excess hours (which rolls over to the next day on certain reports), shows up on simple Morning Reports as Overtime, and it reduces time allowances for the week, not just the day; unless there is number fudging going on, I don't get it. But, there are lots of things I don't get.

you and me both man lol. i also overheard something about....well along the lines of...well there's a 25 and more guy that works the preload, he'll leave around 6 to go to the airport to deliver early AMs, come back to the center before 9, do some more work and if needed after 9 go and deliver airs, come BACK to the center and find something to do to make his 8 hour day. basically me being on the clock when he gets back eats at his hours too i guess b/c if i get the building all nice and neat i leave nothing for him to do.

i just don't get that if im doing this why haven't they said anything to me yet? an hour and a half over a day really adds up at the end of the week.

Tim.

Package Placement Expert
I used to be one of those preloaders who would come in 5 mins early, open the doors up, get totes and load send agains. Did that for my first 3 or 4 months. For some at our center, if you dont, by the time you get your doors open, youve already missed freight going down the belt.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
they send those guys out the door after 4 hours to save peanuts
while where out there 10 sometimes 11 and they dont care what am i missing?

one PowerPoint presentation to one person, another PowerPoint presentation to another person, and those two people will never meet or be held accountable for their decisions, ever

it's literally as simple as that

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
you and me both man lol. i also overheard something about....well along the lines of...well there's a 25 and more guy that works the preload, he'll leave around 6 to go to the airport to deliver early AMs, come back to the center before 9, do some more work and if needed after 9 go and deliver airs, come BACK to the center and find something to do to make his 8 hour day. basically me being on the clock when he gets back eats at his hours too i guess b/c if i get the building all nice and neat i leave nothing for him to do.

i just don't get that if im doing this why haven't they said anything to me yet? an hour and a half over a day really adds up at the end of the week.

Numbers dont mean anything to you or I.

Perhaps your working doubles. Perhaps they fudge things, whatever it is it could be illegel, often times it is. How big is your place of work? Sometimes small centers with few workers will allow overtime often to fill spots.

tre305

Numbers dont mean anything to you or I.

Perhaps your working doubles. Perhaps they fudge things, whatever it is it could be illegel, often times it is. How big is your place of work? Sometimes small centers with few workers will allow overtime often to fill spots.

not too big, 75-80 cars on the road on a good day, 7 unload doors, maybe about 50-60 employees (not including management). id say we average maybe 16-18k volume daily? nothing compared to some other hubs nearby with 250-750k daily. maybe that is the reason behind this.

OptimusPrime

This is kind've hard to believe, no offense. Part-time worker goes over 5 hours and will get overtime. I dont see them giving anyone OT everyday of the week year round. OT is mostly given during peak. Full time suggest you're going 8 hours a night. I've gone 8 hours in the warehouse before, during peak of course. This without a lunch either, which aggainst state law, nonetheless. I know of people getting close to 5 each day, but if they get OT full time management goes bananas on the full time soup there. Thats why I say its kind've hard to believe.

Not sure about preload, but with other pt jobs in my hub, OT is available almost daily. A sorter can come in half an hour early, work his shift(usually around 4.5hrs) then go run carts in the outbound for sometimes up to an hour. Not to mention we have doubles open probably 75% of the year. Though it's probably our facility size. We can't keep staffing to save our lives.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
not too big, 75-80 cars on the road on a good day, 7 unload doors, maybe about 50-60 employees (not including management). id say we average maybe 16-18k volume daily? nothing compared to some other hubs nearby with 250-750k daily. maybe that is the reason behind this.

Yes, I can see smaller places doing so. 75-80 eh, we average 200-250 a shift. Around 200-250 routes, anywhere from 35k (light) to 65k on average. Are there really hubs that get 250k-750k a shift? Because 65k-75k is a very hard day.

Yes optimus, I can see that now. Here overtime is a huge no no. Theres so many people on midnight here they often send 30-40 people home a night.

tre305

Yes, I can see smaller places doing so. 75-80 eh, we average 200-250 a shift. Around 200-250 routes, anywhere from 35k (light) to 65k on average. Are there really hubs that get 250k-750k a shift? Because 65k-75k is a very hard day.

Yes optimus, I can see that now. Here overtime is a huge no no. Theres so many people on midnight here they often send 30-40 people home a night.

honestly i would love to work in a larger hub for a week just to see how different it is from our small center. and 200-250 routes? geesh, the dispatch(ers) must have headaches everyday dealing with that many drivers. the two larger hubs near me are Hialeah and MIA (airport), i know the two biggest hubs in the state (Orlando and Jacksonville) avg between 250k-750k daily but of course everything coming in or out of Florida goes through one of those two hubs.