My route being cut out on days that volume is low.

SWORDFISH

I have been told by both my on-car and dispatch sup that my run would be one of the last to be cut as there are too many pickups. They have 2-3 areas that are the first to get cut.

Dave, when I was trained as a driver UPS suits told my class GPS would not be implimented because they didnt want the mistrust issue that it created.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dave, when I was trained as a driver UPS suits told my class GPS would not be implimented because they didnt want the mistrust issue that it created.

It's funny, the way that you and Grocer like to lecture me you would think that I was a brand new driver. This is not my first rodeo--I have been doing this for 21 years. If I were to walk in tomorrow and find my pkg car empty I would either bump back on to my old delivery area or simply take the day off. I know from experience that my area would be one of the last to be cut as there are too many pickups that would need to be covered so I am not too concerned about that happening.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
It's funny, the way that you and Grocer like to lecture me you would think that I was a brand new driver. This is not my first rodeo--I have been doing this for 21 years. If I were to walk in tomorrow and find my pkg car empty I would either bump back on to my old delivery area or simply take the day off. I know from experience that my area would be one of the last to be cut as there are too many pickups that would need to be covered so I am not too concerned about that happening.

Maybe the fact that we are stewards and see alot more of the isues that are going on has something to do with the advice we give. You could learn a thing or two from a well connected shop steward!!

SWORDFISH

I hope your right. I was telling you what UPS told me would never happen. We both know they have a history of being able to hang on their every word. If it felt like a lecture can I get some $$?

grgrcr88

Thanks, Dad.

Remember all those times when you were a kid and your dad told you something that you thought, "Whatever, I know what I'm doing, There is no problem"? Only to find out later he really did know what he was talking about.Could have saved you alot of trouble if you listened to him in the first place.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Remember all those times when you were a kid and your dad told you something that you thought, "Whatever, I know what I'm doing, There is no problem"? Only to find out later he really did know what he was talking about.Could have saved you alot of trouble if you listened to him in the first place.

...and you think I am full of myself?!

Re-Raise

This is not my first rodeo--I have been doing this for 21 years. If I were to walk in tomorrow and find my pkg car empty I would either bump back on to my old delivery area or simply take the day off.

25 years here and that is what I used to think. They cut my route simply because three other routes ran through it going to and from their delivery areas

I thought I could just take the day off also , but EVERY time they have cut it they have told me that they don't have enough drivers that day and force me to work.

They believe I am the only one who can combine the the routes so the cover drivers all call in sick that day or are given optional days.

I am not making this up.

Kman845

25 years here and that is what I used to think. They cut my route simply because three other routes ran through it going to and from their delivery areas

I thought I could just take the day off also , but EVERY time they have cut it they have told me that they don't have enough drivers that day and force me to work.

They believe I am the only one who can combine the the routes so the cover drivers all call in sick that day or are given optional days.

I am not making this up.

Since you have seniority over these cover drivers YOU should be given the option to take off, not them, your route was cut thru no fault of your own. If they keep forcing you to work maybe you can "improve" your methods by following EDD 100% stop for stop and 100% pickup compliance, NO EXCEPTIONS. Eventually they'll get the message.

K

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Since you have seniority over these cover drivers YOU should be given the option to take off, not them, your route was cut thru no fault of your own. If they keep forcing you to work maybe you can "improve" your methods by following EDD 100% stop for stop and 100% pickup compliance, NO EXCEPTIONS. Eventually they'll get the message.

K
While I understand the semantics of this position, it's a common misconception that it is supported by any real contractual language. The contract protects your right to work, not your right not to work. Best thing you can do when they cut your route out is to make them sorry they did. Make it a bad business decision and they are less likely to do again.

grgrcr88

While I understand the semantics of this position, it's a common misconception that it is supported by any real contractual language. The contract protects your right to work, not your right not to work. Best thing you can do when they cut your route out is to make them sorry they did. Make it a bad business decision and they are less likely to do again.

+1