My SFA Doughnut

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's not like we stole those from the left. They want nothing to do with any of it.

Ah, the invisible bogeyman created by guilt-ridden white liberals who really do benefit from racism (or feel like they do) as a way to explain away anything they don't like about society in general or conservatives in particular.

Right. No double standards or hypocrisy at all on the Right. Sorry, but if you're born White, you have an immediate advantage. The Right is forever nibbling at the edges of outright racism but they won't go there for fear of legal/social backlash. Yes, Dano and van, there is no such thing as Right Wing racism or double standards.

I point to the recent deification of the late Nancy Reagan as evidence of elevating the rich to god-like status... as just one of many double standards.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Right. No double standards or hypocrisy at all on the Right.

I didn't say anything about double standards on either side so I don't know what your point is with that.

Sorry, but if you're born White, you have an immediate advantage.

If only.

The Right is forever nibbling at the edges of outright racism but they won't go there for fear of legal/social backlash.

Interesting that you should bring that up.

The Jim Crow states were governed almost exclusively by Democrats from the 1870s up to the passage of the Civil Rights Act. Additionally, the CRA was more heavily opposed by Democrats than the GOP. During WWII a liberal president incarcerated thousands of Americans without the benefit of due process because he thought they looked like the enemy. Then the Democrats elected Robert Byrd to Congress and, after finding out that he was a member of the Klan, christened him "The conscience of the Senate."

You might want to reconcile those overt and inexcusable aspects of racism before you start lecturing others on perceived "nibbles" of racism.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I didn't say anything about double standards on either side so I don't know what your point is with that.

If only.

Interesting that you should bring that up.

The Jim Crow states were governed almost exclusively by Democrats from the 1870s up to the passage of the Civil Rights Act. Additionally, the CRA was more heavily opposed by Democrats than the GOP. During WWII a liberal president incarcerated thousands of Americans without the benefit of due process because he thought they looked like the enemy. Then the Democrats elected Robert Byrd to Congress and, after finding out that he was a member of the Klan, christened him "The conscience of the Senate."

You might want to reconcile those overt and inexcusable aspects of racism before you start lecturing others on perceived "nibbles" of racism.

Great. All of your examples are from the distant past. Do you really think the Democrats of today have anything to do with those you mention? Another classic Right Wing tactic...take events from the past and extrapolate them to today attempting to make a correlation. It's like the GOP is the Party of Lincoln". Really? Who would be the ones fighting for inequality today...the GOP.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Great. All of your examples are from the distant past. Do you really think the Democrats of today have anything to do with those you mention? Another classic Right Wing tactic...take events from the past and extrapolate them to today attempting to make a correlation. It's like the GOP is the Party of Lincoln". Really? Who would be the ones fighting for inequality today...the GOP.
MrFedEx...Conservatives are born without the empathy gene.
In my experience, it seems that they only feel empathy for their family, friends and those who share their opinions. They can't extend that to someone they don't know. They don't feel empathy for anyone who is outside of their little circle, or their clique.How can you truly know what it;s like to be shunned for your skin color alone, not because you did or said anything offensive? Van dano and the rest will never get that.

They're closed up and can't open themselves to the wider world.

vantexan

Right. No double standards or hypocrisy at all on the Right. Sorry, but if you're born White, you have an immediate advantage. The Right is forever nibbling at the edges of outright racism but they won't go there for fear of legal/social backlash. Yes, Dano and van, there is no such thing as Right Wing racism or double standards.

I point to the recent deification of the late Nancy Reagan as evidence of elevating the rich to god-like status... as just one of many double standards.
Deification, really? Wasn't Jackie O a liberal icon? Ask the millions of whites who hump every day for a living if they're being given anything. I see plenty of blacks, know a few, who make much more than I do. They earned it. Is there subtle racism in the workplace? Sure. Is there overt racism in the workplace? Sure, but not too often these days. I pointed something out recently to a San Francisco liberal on another forum. He's originally from Alabama and goes on and on about the terrible racism there lest anyone in his adopted city think he's a closeted bigot. He's in his 70's and surely remembers a terrible era in that state. I pointed out that in today's Alabama a black man can have a relationship with a white woman, even marry her, and no one is lynching him, burning a cross in his yard, or blowing up his church. People have moved on. Doesn't mean that some don't think a certain way, and we all do to some extent. Look at you, you burn with hatred towards conservative, Christian, Republicans and are always throwing out stereotypes. We can't move forward in this country because people like you won't let go of the past. You need a bogeyman. We need to be solving education problems, health problems, employment problems, crime problems, and instill a sense of pride in our country. But a large segment only wants to tear down, not build up. Seems that if you can't have what the Fred S's of the world have then you want to blow it up. Many of us just want the opportunity to live decently without mounting bills. And a chance to live with dignity in our old age. We need leaders who aren't grabbing everything for themselves and rank-and-file who are satisfied with reasonable pay and benefits. For those that want more move up the ladder. And build the economy so that the ladder is there.

vantexan

In my experience, it seems that they only feel empathy for their family, friends and those who share their opinions. They can't extend that to someone they don't know. They don't feel empathy for anyone who is outside of their little circle, or their clique.How can you truly know what it;s like to be shunned for your skin color alone, not because you did or said anything offensive? Van dano and the rest will never get that.

Oh B.S. Who's shunning people? When my parents got divorced we lived in 2 rooms of an unfinished house. My mother wouldn't take assistance so I got sent to school many times with no lunch money and had to sit in the office. When I was 12 I picked weeds at a large plant nursery for $1hr, 35 hrs a week in the Florida heat. And I never have lived rich as a FedEx employee. But I've been around long enough to know that the only thing that really works is hard work, no matter your occupation. And I don't have much empathy for anyone who thinks they should get something for nothing, no matter what their skin color. The ideas that Bernie Sanders floats certainly appeals to many. Why not let the gov't take care of you? We'll all live well, not wanting for anything. Right.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Bingo.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Deification, really? Wasn't Jackie O a liberal icon? Ask the millions of whites who hump every day for a living if they're being given anything. I see plenty of blacks, know a few, who make much more than I do. They earned it. Is there subtle racism in the workplace? Sure. Is there overt racism in the workplace? Sure, but not too often these days. I pointed something out recently to a San Francisco liberal on another forum. He's originally from Alabama and goes on and on about the terrible racism there lest anyone in his adopted city think he's a closeted bigot. He's in his 70's and surely remembers a terrible era in that state. I pointed out that in today's Alabama a black man can have a relationship with a white woman, even marry her, and no one is lynching him, burning a cross in his yard, or blowing up his church. People have moved on. Doesn't mean that some don't think a certain way, and we all do to some extent. Look at you, you burn with hatred towards conservative, Christian, Republicans and are always throwing out stereotypes. We can't move forward in this country because people like you won't let go of the past. You need a bogeyman. We need to be solving education problems, health problems, employment problems, crime problems, and instill a sense of pride in our country. But a large segment only wants to tear down, not build up. Seems that if you can't have what the Fred S's of the world have then you want to blow it up. Many of us just want the opportunity to live decently without mounting bills. And a chance to live with dignity in our old age. We need leaders who aren't grabbing everything for themselves and rank-and-file who are satisfied with reasonable pay and benefits. For those that want more move up the ladder. And build the economy so that the ladder is there.

Jackie O was respected, but could never be deified because she had dared to remarry. Besides, we Liberals don't do that sort of thing. The spectacle surrounding the life of a B movie start who worshipped her husband was simply unbelievable. It's as if your GOP god had been joined by his GOP goddess.

To them, we were just the little people.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Oh B.S. Who's shunning people? When my parents got divorced we lived in 2 rooms of an unfinished house. My mother wouldn't take assistance so I got sent to school many times with no lunch money and had to sit in the office. When I was 12 I picked weeds at a large plant nursery for $1hr, 35 hrs a week in the Florida heat. And I never have lived rich as a FedEx employee. But I've been around long enough to know that the only thing that really works is hard work, no matter your occupation. And I don't have much empathy for anyone who thinks they should get something for nothing, no matter what their skin color. The ideas that Bernie Sanders floats certainly appeals to many. Why not let the gov't take care of you? We'll all live well, not wanting for anything. Right.

The GOP has really worked for you, hasn't it, van? It truly works for the Smiths, Kochs, and Waltons of the world...not us.

vantexan

The GOP has really worked for you, hasn't it, van? It truly works for the Smiths, Kochs, and Waltons of the world...not us.
Because you think everyone should live in a 5000 sq ft house with a Hummer and Lamborghini in the garage. Class envy only gets revolutions and a lot of people killed. And a new set of bosses.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Because you think everyone should live in a 5000 sq ft house with a Hummer and Lamborghini in the garage. Class envy only gets revolutions and a lot of people killed. And a new set of bosses.

No. I personally measure "success" by happiness with family and friends. Money is nice, but not the root of personal peace and fulfillment. "Class Envy" is another GOP talking point. What a great way to explain away why the upper crust elites should continue to have it all on their terms.

vantexan

Current Democrats including Bill Clinton sang Byrd's praises. Think a Republican would get away with being a Klan member?

vantexan

No. I personally measure "success" by happiness with family and friends. Money is nice, but not the root of personal peace and fulfillment. "Class Envy" is another GOP talking point. What a great way to explain away why the upper crust elites should continue to have it all on their terms.
You dismiss "class envy" then start right back on the "upper crust elites" and how they have it all on their terms. Sounds envious. And man, you have been screaming about money on here for all the years I've been here.

vantexan

Exactly. Why is there such a lack of touch with reality with so many people in our industry?
Is it realistic to have what the Waltons, Kochs, etc have for the rest of us? For much longer than you've been here I've pointed out the unfairness with which employees have been treated by FedEx. But I've also pointed out it's unrealistic to expect UPS pay and benefits, something that Mr.FedEx has been adamant about getting in the past. He eventually realized the math didn't add up but back when there was a shot at getting a union that's all we heard. "Same job, different trucks " he'd say. And I'm a Republican who supports a union at FedEx because they deserve one. I just don't want to see demands go up constantly to the point of breaking the company.

overflowed

Is it realistic to have what the Waltons, Kochs, etc have for the rest of us? For much longer than you've been here I've pointed out the unfairness with which employees have been treated by FedEx. But I've also pointed out it's unrealistic to expect UPS pay and benefits, something that Mr.FedEx has been adamant about getting in the past. He eventually realized the math didn't add up but back when there was a shot at getting a union that's all we heard. "Same job, different trucks " he'd say. And I'm a Republican who supports a union at FedEx because they deserve one. I just don't want to see demands go up constantly to the point of breaking the company.
Hey Van? You know I like you and all, we just all have different views on things. But, what in the devils name thing we don't deserve the same pay and benefits? I know of routes that work just as hard as the brown truck. I've also worked rtes that the brown truck works much less than me. Please don't say Fedex can't afford it. They can, they just don't want to. They would just rather spend a fortune fighting unemployment claims, lawsuits, and all kinds of other much worse things that we have all seen.

vantexan

Hey Van? You know I like you and all, we just all have different views on things. But, what in the devils name thing we don't deserve the same pay and benefits? I know of routes that work just as hard as the brown truck. I've also worked rtes that the brown truck works much less than me. Please don't say Fedex can't afford it. They can, they just don't want to. They would just rather spend a fortune fighting unemployment claims, lawsuits, and all kinds of other much worse things that we have all seen.
They already spend at least half of their revenue on payroll. Fuel is the next biggest expense. If they spend more than $25 billion a year on payroll, and their net profit is $2.1 billion, then tell me where the money is coming from to pay everyone after 4 years $35hr? With fantastic benefits too? They've had the money to give us a pay plan similar to the one they're starting over 10 years. They could have kept their promise to those of us still under the traditional pension but reneged. But overnight delivery is much more expensive than what their primary focus is. The money isn't there. If anything they're in a much better position to offer the new pay plan because fuel prices are much lower. They fight all those other things because it's a drop in the bucket compared to the pay and benefits UPS receives.

Last edited:

vantexan

Jackie O was respected, but could never be deified because she had dared to remarry. Besides, we Liberals don't do that sort of thing. The spectacle surrounding the life of a B movie start who worshipped her husband was simply unbelievable. It's as if your GOP god had been joined by his GOP goddess.

To them, we were just the little people.
When I think of the cult of personality around Obama, both Clinton's, FDR, and the Kennedys, especially JFK, I find it the above statement incredulous.