My SFA Doughnut

bacha29

What I can't figure out Van is that not long ago you were singing the praises about the quality of life in Romania. If it's so great then why don't you just go? We'll take care of things here while you're gone. Furthermore, one moment you're you're carping about how unfair X has been to you regarding their recent pay and benefit restructuring ' while at the same time defending that company right to the very hilt. Just which way do you want it? In addition while it wasn't your fault that your parents split up your mother wasn't being fair to you when she was just too damn proud and too damn stubborn to accept public assistance to ensure your well being. The well being of minor children who through no fault of their own are caught up in situations similar to the one you described are why many such programs exist in the first place.

vantexan

What I can't figure out Van is that not long ago you were singing the praises about the quality of life in Romania. If it's so great then why don't you just go? We'll take care of things here while you're gone. Furthermore, one moment you're you're carping about how unfair X has been to you regarding their recent pay and benefit restructuring ' while at the same time defending that company right to the very hilt. Just which way do you want it? In addition while it wasn't your fault that your parents split up your mother wasn't being fair to you when she was just too damn proud and too damn stubborn to accept public assistance to ensure your well being. The well being of minor children who through no fault of their own are caught up in situations similar to the one you described are why many such programs exist in the first place.
All in good time, have to get pension first. I was just pointing out to those who say we have no empathy that they have no idea what our life experiences were. As for FedEx I don't see it as all or nothing. They could do better by us, but not to the extent some think IMO(and backed by the numbers). And in all honesty sir you sound as if you want to squelch any dissent. Can't argue facts so shoot the messenger, right?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
manuevers
You dismiss "class envy" then start right back on the "upper crust elites" and how they have it all on their terms. Sounds envious. And man, you have been screaming about money on here for all the years I've been here.

Did I say I envy these people? No. And they do have it on their terms. Our Mr. Smith is a perfect example because he uses his wealth and power to secure even more wealth and power, both legislatively and by direct arm twisting. Smith obviously has been able to buy his way into Congress, which is evident by numerous FAA Reauthorization Act legislation manipulations that directly benefited Express.

A few years ago, Fred leveraged Boeing by making additional orders for 777s contingent upon there not being any changes made to the RLA which would make it easier for employees to organize. He got his way, and both of the Washington State (read Boeing) senators were Democrats. So, hard evidence Van that our system works well for the rich and not so well for the rest of us little people.

Here's another GOP talking point, the 35% corporate tax rate. Smith, Forbes, and the rest of them are always whining about this "burden", when the reality is that many large US corporations pay basically zero in taxes and reap huge benefits from states that give them tax breaks and various incentives. FedEx is always on the list of corporations that pay essentially nothing in taxes.

vantexan

manuevers

Did I say I envy these people? No. And they do have it on their terms. Our Mr. Smith is a perfect example because he uses his wealth and power to secure even more wealth and power, both legislatively and by direct arm twisting. Smith obviously has been able to buy his way into Congress, which is evident by numerous FAA Reauthorization Act legislation manipulations that directly benefited Express.

A few years ago, Fred leveraged Boeing by making additional orders for 777s contingent upon there not being any changes made to the RLA which would make it easier for employees to organize. He got his way, and both of the Washington State (read Boeing) senators were Democrats. So, hard evidence Van that our system works well for the rich and not so well for the rest of us little people.

Here's another GOP talking point, the 35% corporate tax rate. Smith, Forbes, and the rest of them are always whining about this "burden", when the reality is that many large US corporations pay basically zero in taxes and reap huge benefits from states that give them tax breaks and various incentives. FedEx is always on the list of corporations that pay essentially nothing in taxes.
And corporations who employ hundreds of thousands tend to get good tax breaks. Here's the thing about Smith: he's better at manipulating the system than we are. Do you expect him to just rollover and take it? But as rich as he is, he doesn't compare to the Federal Gov't's power. We needed Federal intervention and should have gotten it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And corporations who employ hundreds of thousands tend to get good tax breaks. Here's the thing about Smith: he's better at manipulating the system than we are. Do you expect him to just rollover and take it? But as rich as he is, he doesn't compare to the Federal Gov't's power. We needed Federal intervention and should have gotten it.

But don't you hate government intervention? Nah, the "free market" took care of it for you. Smith should be behind bars.

vantexan

But don't you hate government intervention? Nah, the "free market" took care of it for you. Smith should be behind bars.
Believe me I laugh at the minimal gov't types knowing what I do about what Smith did. You want black and white when it's all shades of gray.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Believe me I laugh at the minimal gov't types knowing what I do about what Smith did. You want black and white when it's all shades of gray.

You're confusing me. Sometimes you want government intervention, when the GOP hates that, and you also want a union at FedEx, which isn't something Republicans would support. You're kind of all over the map.

It will be fine

You're confusing me. Sometimes you want government intervention, when the GOP hates that, and you also want a union at FedEx, which isn't something Republicans would support. You're kind of all over the map.
Almost like a rational human that doesn't fit neatly into 1 of 2 boxes.

bacha29

Mr. Fedex: you are exactly right. VanT is all over the place with his views. The simple fact is that none of us on this site have the power to change anything including any of the remaining presidential candidates. VanT loves hard line GOP conservatism except when it harms him. If he gets his beloved Ted Cruz he can expect to be harmed a lot in the future when it comes to retirement security.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Mr. Fedex: you are exactly right. VanT is all over the place with his views. The simple fact is that none of us on this site have the power to change anything including any of the remaining presidential candidates. VanT loves hard line GOP conservatism except when it harms him. If he gets his beloved Ted Cruz he can expect to be harmed a lot in the future when it comes to retirement security.

Cruz isn't going to be the candidate either. He's hated by the GOP establishment, and is a sure loser in the general election, so Van is going to be disappointed we can't have a theocrat as President.

vantexan

I want our government to do right by the people, which seems in short supply these days. If Republicans tell me we must have limited government, then use the government to screw us, I'm not going to tow the party line, I'm going to say that's hypocritical. If Democrats tell us vote for us and we'll improve your lives, but never deliver, I'm going to call them hypocrites. And if coworkers are trying to convince others that FedEx could pay us as well as UPS, with great benefits to boot, I'm going to ask where the money is going to come from? It's not enough to say that it's there, that's what Trump and Sanders say. Anyone can claim anything, prove it.

vantexan

You keep this fantasy going where we can continue to spend and spend with no consequences. I like Cruz's take on taxes and expanding the economy. If he wins, we'll see. If he doesn't I hope the convention picks Kasich. He's actually improved life in Ohio and was the leader on balancing the budget in the 90's.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You keep this fantasy going where we can continue to spend and spend with no consequences. I like Cruz's take on taxes and expanding the economy. If he wins, we'll see. If he doesn't I hope the convention picks Kasich. He's actually improved life in Ohio and was the leader on balancing the budget in the 90's.

Balancing the budget during the next President's term has been proven impossible. Trump's very deep cuts to Federal spending still would barely make a dent in the debt, even if he had 2 terms. Cruz would expand the economy Texas-style, which is to say not really expanding it at all.

I think you will like President Clinton. I'm hoping she picks either her husband or Obama to fill the Supreme Court vacancy, just to drive all of you nuts.

vantexan

Balancing the budget during the next President's term has been proven impossible. Trump's very deep cuts to Federal spending still would barely make a dent in the debt, even if he had 2 terms. Cruz would expand the economy Texas-style, which is to say not really expanding it at all.

I think you will like President Clinton. I'm hoping she picks either her husband or Obama to fill the Supreme Court vacancy, just to drive all of you nuts.
Yep, Obama would have a teleprompter on the bench and Clinton would have one of his little buddies under the bench.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
It looks to me like Trump, Cruz, and Kasich should just quit. We are not going to let another republican be president. Every time we have a republican president we lose so much of the economy and our freedom. History proves republicans are just no damn good at governing. We should just let Hilary and Bernie be the two to choose from. Hilary is a republican and Bernie is a democrat.
Now if you thought I was kidding about republicans being bad for America.
Here is a little history to back it up!

Recessions Since 1950 and Party in WH at Onset

Jul 1953 - May 1954 Republican

Aug 1957 - Apr 1958 Republican

Apr 1960 - Feb 1961 Republican

Dec 1969 - Nov 1970 Republican

Nov 1973 - Mar 1975 Republican

Jan 1980 - July 1980 Democrat

Jul 1981 - Nov 1982 Republican

Jul 1990 - Mar 1991 Republican

Mar 2001 - Nov 2001 Republican

Dec 2007 - Jun 2009 Republican

There have been 22 recessions since 1900.

16 have started under Republican leadership, 6 under Democrat leadership and the 2 worst 1929 and now when Repubs had control of WH and congress for more than 8 years(the only times in history)

http://www.nber.org/cycles.htm...

Given repub economic history, the 2 largest depressions in our history, the only 2 times they
have had control of congress and WH for more than 8 years.. why does anyone listen to them on economics, when they never show supporting economic data.. just beliefs.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It looks to me like Trump, Cruz, and Kasich should just quit. We are not going to let another republican be president. Every time we have a republican president we lose so much of the economy and our freedom. History proves republicans are just no damn good at governing. We should just let Hilary and Bernie be the two to choose from. Hilary is a republican and Bernie is a democrat.

16 have started under Republican leadership, 6 under Democrat leadership and the 2 worst 1929 and now when Repubs had control of WH and congress for more than 8 years(the only times in history)

Given repub economic history, the 2 largest depressions in our history, the only 2 times they
have had control of congress and WH for more than 8 years.. why does anyone listen to them on economics, when they never show supporting economic data.. just beliefs.

You don't understand. We need to abolish all government spending and balance the budget, let everything fail so the free market can work it's magic, bring Jeebus back into the schools, and then bootstrap our way back to greatness where everyone is a millionaire entrepreneur.

vantexan

Wow, really oversimplifying! Reagan's recession for example was due to Carter's disastrous administration. Presidents can't wave a wand and fix everything. Takes time. But correct policies lead us out of recessions.

vantexan

You don't understand. We need to abolish all government spending and balance the budget, let everything fail so the free market can work it's magic, bring Jeebus back into the schools, and then bootstrap our way back to greatness where everyone is a millionaire entrepreneur.
Nope, just need to fix disasters like Obamacare.