My SFA Doughnut

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Did you learn your lesson about drunk posting?
I myself learned years ago the perils of drunk posting. My mother-in-law once discovered me semi-concious in the early morning hours, forehead stuck to the barf-covered keyboard, sucking my thumb while humming Starland Vocal Band's 'Afternoon Delight' totally nude (save for the red velvet cowboy boots on my feet).

Geeez, talk about being embarrassed! I re-read some of the posts I had written and discovered a few misspelled words and at least one example of incorrect punctuation - with no way to edit! :crying:

bacha29

Many Rep's have already said that they will accept Clinton as president if they can keep control of Congress. Their fear of Trump is the belief that he would not only lose to Clinton but cost them the Senate if not the House as well. As for Obamacare the Rep's say that they are going to repeal it and replace it with something better. We have heard no specifics as to what the so called "better" plans are like except what Trump has disclosed and that is health savings accounts which we have already had for years which tell you just how little he actually knows and allow insurance companies to sell insurance across state lines. What health insurer is going to be willing to sell health insurance in states with high percentages of elderly populations and even if they were willing at what prices? Obviously at premiums nobody can afford.Likewise the CBO took his plan and determined that it would cost the government 20 billion a year more than Obamacare and still leave 20 million Americans with no health insurance

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Haven't you heard? Liberals can say off color jokes(pun intended) and get away with it. Take Clinton's and DeBlassio's "C.P." joke the other day. Imagine a conservative saying something similar.

The joke was actually written by a "POC". But I guess you didn't get that fact, right? The star of "Hamilton" .. you know, the "play". Our POTUS did the same joke. Wasn't offended then, not offended now.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Oh B.S. Who's shunning people? When my parents got divorced we lived in 2 rooms of an unfinished house. My mother wouldn't take assistance so I got sent to school many times with no lunch money and had to sit in the office. When I was 12 I picked weeds at a large plant nursery for $1hr, 35 hrs a week in the Florida heat. And I never have lived rich as a FedEx employee. But I've been around long enough to know that the only thing that really works is hard work, no matter your occupation. And I don't have much empathy for anyone who thinks they should get something for nothing, no matter what their skin color. The ideas that Bernie Sanders floats certainly appeals to many. Why not let the gov't take care of you? We'll all live well, not wanting for anything. Right.

So your mother didn't get a job or she was unskilled? She let you go to school hungry, instead of letting someone help her? Wow.

vantexan

So your mother didn't get a job or she was unskilled? She let you go to school hungry, instead of letting someone help her? Wow.
My mom was unskilled, left school after 9th grade to marry my dad at 15. After the divorce she at times worked 3 jobs, and did so into her 60's. The school thing only lasted a couple of years, then my dad got custody. My point was that if that poster was suggesting that we don't have empathy he's assuming we all have had blessed little lives with no understanding of the poor. Not always true.

vantexan

The joke was actually written by a "POC". But I guess you didn't get that fact, right? The star of "Hamilton" .. you know, the "play". Our POTUS did the same joke. Wasn't offended then, not offended now.
Yeah, I realize they were being "cute", but if Repubs said the same joke liberals would be screaming.

bacha29

I laughed when VanT talked about Kasich cutting state spending. All he did was what a lot of other Republican governors have done. Simply pass the buck down to the local level and let them figure out what to do

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You seem like a smart person. I have to say I dislike your racism though. I'm going to get a lot of slack for that because this is a message board. As a white female who is married to a person of color, this just seems offensive and uncalled for. I can't stop you from saying what you want though
Where is the racism? This person loves his job and donuts. Do you know what color this person is? I don't?

vantexan

I laughed when VanT talked about Kasich cutting state spending. All he did was what a lot of other Republican governors have done. Simply pass the buck down to the local level and let them figure out what to do
He also created over 400,000 new jobs and a multi-billion dollar surplus. You have a typical knee jerk reaction to anything Republican. Show me a Democrat run state doing better than Ohio.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Great. All of your examples are from the distant past. Do you really think the Democrats of today have anything to do with those you mention? Another classic Right Wing tactic...take events from the past and extrapolate them to today attempting to make a correlation. It's like the GOP is the Party of Lincoln". Really? Who would be the ones fighting for inequality today...the GOP.

It's your party.

bacha29

What was the average wage of those new jobs? Probably around 8 bucks Maybe 9 tops with many of them still requiring 2 additional jobs and or government aid programs in order to make them economically viable. As for creating a surplus, simple just pass the state mandated program requirements down to the local level and let them raise local taxes to cover it. Kasich says that if he's elected president he will wipe out the debt in 8 years but doesn't offer any real specifics as to how he's going to do it.

vantexan

What was the average wage of those new jobs? Probably around 8 bucks Maybe 9 tops with many of them still requiring 2 additional jobs and or government aid programs in order to make them economically viable. As for creating a surplus, simple just pass the state mandated program requirements down to the local level and let them raise local taxes to cover it. Kasich says that if he's elected president he will wipe out the debt in 8 years but doesn't offer any real specifics as to how he's going to do it.
Can you prove anything you say? For example, Kasich said he would balance the budget in 8 years, not wipe out the debt. No one can wipe out $19 trillion in 8 years. Balancing the budget means being revenue neutral, no deficit spending and no borrowing more money to pay for things(increasing the debt). I'll pass along your "simple" fixes, I'm sure they never thought of forcing Federal spending on local entities to pay for it all.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Can you prove anything you say? For example, Kasich said he would balance the budget in 8 years, not wipe out the debt. No one can wipe out $19 trillion in 8 years. Balancing the budget means being revenue neutral, no deficit spending and no borrowing more money to pay for things(increasing the debt). I'll pass along your "simple" fixes, I'm sure they never thought of forcing Federal spending on local entities to pay for it all.

They call those "unfunded mandates".