My sup keeps making me sign papers?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If not for compliance, why would you be asked to sign any of these documents?

It's the intimidation factor.

The only thing you have to sign is the DOT dvir.

Thats it.

You would have been disciplined for not signing a written directive? Where do you work? The UPS I work for cannot discipline for what you claim. Something about "unless the signing is required by law or by this agreement". I sign my paycheck. I still have a job. Stop wasting your management team's time and stop dabbling in extra contract agreements.

There you go.

-Bug-

Ouch

If not for compliance, why would you be asked to sign any of these documents?

We had a snow storm on Tuesday. Mgt had us sign a snow storm safety handout. If we had not signed and something had happened that had been covered in that handout we would have been disciplined for failure to comply with a written directive.
And since you did sign It they will prove you did something against what you signed. Bye Bye

over9five

Staff member
Anything you sign is not valid anyhow if it's extra-contractual. It's not only against the rules to enter into an extra-contractual agreement, but even if you DO, it's not valid.
Some things I sign, some I don't. Depends on how foolish it is.

This week corporate passed down papers that they wanted us to sign that cover policies of buildings other than ours. Yea,ok. I forget, how do you spell RTS?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Don't sign anything unless you are really sure of what you are signing. By the way, this is especially true of signing a marriage license!

The Range

In too deep
I see it on Maury all the time!

Why the heck did ya sign it if you thought the kid wasn't yours?!?!?!

maury-not-the-father-gif-dance.gif%3Fw%3D311

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
RTS still counts as a valid signature. Even if you scribble a line it's valid. Signature is not defined as your real name in fancy script. This is why most legal paperwork ask to print name and then sign.

As Upstate said, sign it or don't, it really doesn't matter.