My supervisor holding me back

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Kind of sucks when you are new to a place, and people treat you like you are a jack ass because you don't know what to do. There is no other worse feeling. We have all been there but a lot of us forget that. Anyways I'd go to your union steward, and keep going until he does something about it. I'd even contact your business agent, and bug him as well until he does something. Call every day, go up there every day. That is how I always had to do it.

Jamesnj

What full time transfers paperwork are you talking about?

Resident know-it-all.

Its a full time driver transfer work sheet/application you get from the h&r to give to your full time supervisor. They ask basic general question like name, address, hiring date, driver license number and preferred driving location around your state, which is New Jersey.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Its a full time driver transfer work sheet/application you get from the h&r to give to your full time supervisor. They ask basic general question like name, address, hiring date, driver license number and preferred driving location around your state, which is New Jersey.

How can you go from a PT loader in one center to a FT driver in another?

Resident know-it-all.

Jamesnj

How can you go from a PT loader in one center to a FT driver in another?

Resident know-it-all.
I do not know.lol... The transfer paper gives you 3 options to choose from including my main building in Secaucus, NJ. Maybe the other hubs you can choose from are all associated with local 177 union. :confused2::confused2: lol..

Jamesnj

So you think it would be fair for you to leap frog all of the PTers in whatever center you choose to get a FT driving gig?

Resident know-it-all.

It's not about what I think. All I'm saying is, I was given the option of 3 choices of my desired location. No guarantees whatsoever.

CHALLY9TX

I respectfully think that you really don't know what you are talking about.

Resident know-it-all.

It possible. There was a point in my building were they hired drivers who were given the option to go to a different building. This different center was fairly new. Keep in mind our hub already contains 3 centers. This new center was offered as a choice to those new hires. When I went full time (and the new center wasn't open yet) they gave me an option between those 3 centers. We choose based on seniority during training class.

Sent using BrownCafe App

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
The center in need of work can't find FT drivers and is making a reasonable effort to staff their operation by allowing the transfers from other buildings.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Hello, hi everyone I don't know if a familiar topic has been discussed on this form(tried looking). But how do I handle a full time sup holding me back from going full time? I am currently a part time loader and handed in my full time driver transfer paper over a month ago and I'm still not registered for full time transfer; quoted by my h&r. I ask my supervisor whats taking so long and he told me every reason why I shouldn't go full time and get disqualified(which is bull) and have yet to send my transfer paper to management.
Did you actually think that maybe the dude likes you and is trying to save you from making a bad decision by going fulltime? Fulltime driving aint no joke dude, its not for everyone that's for sure. Once you go fulltime, theres no going back. Theres a lot of drivers probably wish they could have went back and not done it with the way things have turned out to be. Just saying, pay attention to your surroundings and pay close attention to how people say things to you because you may interpret the wrong message of what their really trying to tell you.

Jamesnj

Did you actually think that maybe the dude likes you and is trying to save you from making a bad decision by going fulltime? Fulltime driving aint no joke dude, its not for everyone that's for sure. Once you go fulltime, theres no going back. Theres a lot of drivers probably wish they could have went back and not done it with the way things have turned out to be. Just saying, pay attention to your surroundings and pay close attention to how people say things to you because you may interpret the wrong message of what their really trying to tell you.

I understand what your saying, but at the same time. I can't trust the words of a supervisor who would constantly lie on employees and me; numerous times. And my intent was to go driving even before I even started working here. My grandfather was a driver and retired at UPS.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I understand what your saying, but at the same time. I can't trust the words of a supervisor who would constantly lie on employees and me; numerous times. And my intent was to go driving even before I even started working here. My grandfather was a driver and retired at UPS.
Your absolutely right amigo.